Sunday, October 24, 2010

Scott Walker: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Endorsement

Without a doubt, I think Scott Walker should be the next governor of Wisconsin. We simply cannot afford a third term of Jim Doyle via Tom Barrett.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Editorial Board endorsed Scott Walker.

Is it surprising that the Journal Sentinel, media head cheerleader for Tom Barrett, is backing Walker?

Yes and no.

The editorial praises Barrett and it spells out what the Board views as Walker's weaknesses.

There's a good deal that the Board finds unacceptable about Walker.

While he certainly deserves all the endorsements he receives, I think the Journal Sentinel is playing games.

It has been a reliable and "willing partner" in aiding Barrett attack Walker.

The endorsement doesn't begin to balance out all the negative coverage it has given Walker. It doesn't change the fact that the liberal media were caught working in coordination with the Barrett campaign.

I think the move is a calculated effort to regain some credibility with those of us alienated by the newspaper's liberal bias.

When I heard of the Journal Sentinel's endorsement of Walker, I was thrown. I realized that I really don't trust it.

To the extent that such an endorsement would help Walker get elected, I'm glad about the Board's decision. There is no question whatsoever in my mind that he's the far superior candidate and he should be the next governor.

But naturally, I wonder what's behind the Board's choice considering it is so unfair and so biased and so liberal.

See its explanation for endorsing Russ Feingold over Ron Johnson. It's as if Feingold's campaign wrote it.

The bottom line is I just don't trust the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Maybe tomorrow PolitiFact will examine the editorial endorsing Walker and give it a "Pants on Fire" rating.

Then all would be right with the world again.

No comments: