Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Jimmy Fallon and Brian Williams (Video)

I had never watched any of Rock Center with Brian Williams.

Not one second.

That's changed. Now, I've watched a whopping four and a half minutes.

I saw, online, an interview Williams did with Jimmy Fallon.

Obviously, the segment was so brief that nothing could be discussed with any depth.

Williams did ask Fallon about the treatment Michele Bachmann received when she was a guest on Late Night and the ensuing controversy.

Here's video of the interview:


Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



Transcript
BRIAN WILLIAMS: You were in the news recently-

JIMMY FALLON: Yes.

WILLIAMS: -um, for a song that the band played as you introduced Michele Bachmann.

[Clip from Late Night with Jimmy Fallon]

[Clip from CNN]

[Clip from FOX News]

[Clip from Today Show]

WILLIAMS: So, she went on FOX the next day and said that there's no way Michelle Obama would've been treated the same way. Fair point?

FALLON: I guess so. You know, sure. I don't think anyone at all, doesn't, if it's, you know, Brian Williams on our show should not be treated that way. So, that's, I was embarrassed by that. I wish... I want it to go, to go, you know, go away. I called her numerous times to apologize. And then, I didn't hear back from her that day.

So then, I talked to her the next day, and she was like, 'I had a kick on your show. I had a kick on your show. I just don't know why Questlove played that.' [Trying to speak with a Minnesota accent, but sounding Irish]

And I go, 'I'm so sorry. And he'll call and apologize to you.' He's been yelled at by his mother.

WILLIAMS: Questlove is the drummer and bandleader, in effect, of The Roots.

FALLON: He felt bad. He felt really bad.

I don't know why the Bachmann fiasco was dredged up.

Fallon didn't see fit to say anything, not even a few fleeting words, about it on his own show.

I guess apologies and explanations are for Twitter and Brian Williams' show.

It was weird to bring the matter up now.

No comments: