Monday, January 9, 2012

JS Everywhere and Twitter and Facebook

Q. Can I access JSOnline.com through Twitter or Facebook?

Yes, on a limited basis. If you enter JSOnline.com through a link on Facebook or Twitter, you may read that single article and it will not count against the monthly limit of 20 articles.

BS.

I haven't hit JSOnline directly AT ALL. I've only read Milwaukee Journal Sentinel content via Twitter or Facebook links.

Supposedly, one can view the following without it counting against the 20 articles per month limit:

The JSOnline home page, section pages, all videos, Tap, NewsWatch, NOW, Lake Country Reporter, death notices, classified ads, Car Soup and House & Home. Photo galleries count as one article, regardless of the number of photos.

I haven't even gone to the home page since January 4, when LIMITED access without subscription began. No videos, no photo galleries, nothing.

I haven't visited the site at all. And when I've clicked a link to JSOnline posted on Twitter or Facebook, I have not clicked on any other links while there.

So, I was surprised to receive this warning from JSOnline:




DO NOT buy the line that you can click on JSOnline links via Twitter or Facebook without it counting against the 20 article monthly total. It's not true.

Here's an excellent news source for Milwaukee: WISN.com

No comments: