Friday, February 10, 2012

Paul Ryan: VP

Paul Ryan hasn't completely ruled out running in 2012 after all.

Hugh Hewitt asked Ryan if he would agree to run for president if drafted in the event of a deadlocked convention. Hewitt also asked Ryan about a possible vice presidential run.

Ryan did not give a Shermanesque response.

And the goatee is gone.

Here's an audio clip from the interview:




Transcript

HUGH HEWITT: All right, so with a minute left, Congressman, I want to be the first to ask it. After this speech is given to that audience, and you get the response which will be forthcoming, people will ask you if the convention deadlocks, would you be available?

PAUL RYAN: That’s ridiculous. I just don’t think that’s going to happen, Hugh. I just do not see that happening.

HEWITT: If the convention deadlocked, would you be willing?

RYAN: You know, Hugh, let’s not even bother…it’s not anywhere even close to my mind. So I’ve got a job to do here in the House. I think I can make a big difference where I am. I’ve got to write a budget, and that’s what’s on my mind. I’m not thinking about anything like that.

HEWITT: And the vice presidency?

RYAN: Again, that’s…what I see is a bolt of lightning striking. If it happens, I’ll think about it then. If I ever got to that bridge, I’ll think about whether to cross it or not. And right now, I’ve got a lot to do here.

HEWITT: Well, deep breath and a great delivery. It’s going to be a terrific speech tonight. Paul Ryan, Congressman from Wisconsin, always a great pleasure. Good luck.

_____________________

Watch Paul Ryan's CPAC speech.

Here's the complete transcript.

No comments: