Sunday, April 29, 2012

Richard Simmons and David Letterman

David Letterman really is a jerk, if you believe what Richard Simmons says about him.

From US Weekly:

Eternally upbeat fitness guru Richard Simmons doesn't have a bad word to say about anybody--even when they deserve it.

In a new interview with Men's Health, the aerobics icon opens up about his speaking engagements over the years, including his "many" appearances on the Late Show with David Letterman.

"I love David. He's more complicated than any of them, that David," Simmons shares. "You know, I've never actually met him? . . . You do the show with him, and when they go to commercial, they remove you. You're just not allowed to talk to him. Or if you are, he's very standoffish."

After years of being ignored, Simmons says he's not so sure he'd want to sign on for another guest gig alongside the late night host.

"Maybe one day, when the time and everything is right. Because I do love him," the fitness icon muses. "The last time I was on, we went to commercial and I was like, 'I'd love to meet your wife!' He was like, 'You never will.' And then I was like, 'And see your son!' And he was like, 'You'll never see him.' And then we come back from the commercial and he's all friendly with me again."

Adds Simmons, "You think I'm kidding, but I'm not making this up."

I used to be a Letterman fan. I watched his show for years and years. I used to think he was funny. That was a long time ago.

Now the guy really creeps me out.

He's weird. He's cruel. And he's not funny.

1 comment:

tslennon said...

Heart surgery patients often come back from bi-pass surgery with brain damage. I believe this is the case with Letterman. After his heart surgery he wasn't funny anymore...just a nasty mean Curmudgeon. The plug should be pulled on this nasty old man.