Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Henry Hill, Dead

If you're a movie fan, you know Henry Hill.

His life in the mob was immortalized in Martin Scorsese's GoodFellas.

From TMZ:

Henry Hill -- the former mobster whose life story became the basis for the movie "Goodfellas" -- died today at the age of 69 ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ spoke with Hill's girlfriend Lisa ... who told us Hill passed away in an L.A. hospital Tuesday after a long battle with an undisclosed illness.

Lisa tells us, "He had been sick for a long time ... his heart gave out."

We're told Hill had focused on mending relationships with estranged family members in recent years ... and Lisa tells us he had made tremendous progress before he died.

...Hill was famously portrayed by Ray Liotta in the 1990 classic "Goodfellas."

Hill's exploits in the mob world were legendary -- but he prided himself on reforming later in life ... and became a frequent guest on the Howard Stern show.

I suppose it's an accomplishment that Hill died of natural causes and not while in prison.

1 comment:

LadyO said...

Grieving the loss of a very dear old friend, Henry Hill, yes the one they made the movie Goodfella's about.. I knew him after his life of being a mobster, he even put me in the dedication and used one of my recipies in his book "Cooking on the Run" we had a very special friendship.. If it weren't for Henry, I wouldn't have Princess, the love of my life, the cat you see on my home page. Henry truly is her godfather! My dear friend, I am sorry to see you go. You had a rough life, but a good soul, May God bless you and give you much needed peace. We spent three years cooking, laughing and doing many things together,,,always remember "wink wink",, I will miss you my old friend. R.I.P.