Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dennis Miller and Jay Leno: Debt Clock, Republican Convention (Video)

Jay Leno is completely out of the closet as an Obama supporter.

Dennis Miller was his guest on Monday's show.

When Leno is interviewing Obama hacks, he never challenges their lies and misinformation. He just goes along with it, but he doesn't really say that he's in Obama's camp.

However, with Miller, Leno admitted to being for Obama and sort of debated with him. Leno gave his reasons for supporting Obama. Of course, they were idiotic, such as Obama has "compassion for regular people" and the War on Women thing. As I said, idiotic.

Miller, thankfully, responded, pointing out how ridiculous Leno's thoughts were. In regard to the War on Women, Miller brought up Sandra Fluke.

DENNIS MILLER: War on Women??? This Sandra Fluke? She's 30, for God's sake. She's still in school. She wants me to kick in ten bucks a month for her birth control? Here, I'll give you ten. Just shut up for a second, OK? War on Women, for God's sake. The chick's like 'Moan of Arc.' Come on.

What was interesting was the discussion of the debt clocks at the Republican National Convention.

When I saw the two clocks, the national debt clock and the clock showing the debt racked up since the convention began, I thought it was a tremendous idea. It's a visual reminder of how dire the situation is in the country. It illustrates just how high the stakes are in this election. The clocks are a stroke of genius.

Turns out, Dennis Miller may be responsible for the clocks' presence at the convention.

MILLER: I had written an article last month for Bill Kristol's Weekly Standard, which is a great magazine. He has a blog site, and I said that they should put the debt clock over the stage. And they should hit a Jeopardy button at the beginning, and like start the debt clock from zero and see what happens over the four days, how much debt we run on. I saw that they were doing that. I think that'll be a good thing.

Miller made some jokes about Joe Biden, pointing out what we all know - that Biden is a buffoon.

For example:

MILLER: They say Paul Ryan has six percent body fat. I guarantee you Biden's got eight percent between his ears.

Leno stood up for Biden.
JAY LENO: I like Joe.

Leno said that in all seriousness.

Miller said, "He's a moron, Jay."

After a commercial break, they talked about Todd Akin.

Miller called Akin a moron and an idiot.

Leno actually said that he's glad that Akin came forward with his comments because he was saying what the Republican platform is and "that's what many believe."

And Leno parrots the Left's talking point, pinning Akin's idiocy on all the Republicans.

Good grief. And do all the people on the Left believe in the horrific partial-birth procedure and infanticide, like Obama?

Miller said there are things he likes about Obama.

MILLER: He's kept Gitmo open. He's kept the Patriot Act. He'll smoke a terrorist like that. [Snaps his fingers]

Of course, Obama promised not to do those things. Oh, well. At least those broken Obama promises are good for the country.

Leno gave his analysis on the election, claiming that Romney had to go "all the way Right, which I think will ultimately hurt him in the long run." Miller came back strong to that.

MILLER: And you don't think this cat right now is all the way Left? Do you think everybody out there who is not doing well in life, has been screwed by life, or do you think some of them are idiots? You know, I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a rat's ass about the clueless anymore, Jay.

We've got to start isolating those two things. If somebody doesn't want to get it together, and they want to get loaded all day, I'm sorry, I don't have anything left in the tank. I see enough authentic heartbreaks in the world that I'm not going to give it up for some loser who doesn't want to bust his ass. That's just common sense.

Leno went on about having "compassion for that person that's down and out."

Again, Miller retorted.

MILLER: I look at Romney and Ryan and think they're compassionate men. And I think at some point to never have any expectation over somebody's who's gaming it, I don't think that's a compassionate gesture. I think that's a naive one. And I think that's where I differentiate from Obama. I want to help the helpless. I don't care about the clueless anymore. I think the helpless need more than they get right now and the clueless have to be taken off the teat.

I'm glad Leno had Miller as a guest.

Overwhelmingly, Leno books liberals to talk politics. Every night, it's an Obama campaign ad. It's so rare for someone presenting support for conservatives to be on the show. Leno definitely makes no effort at equal time.

_______________

Here's video:
Dennis Miller, Part 1 (8/27/12)


Dennis Miller, Part 2 (8/27/12)



2 comments:

Sherman Broder said...

Thanks for this post. I'm an early riser, so you're my link to late night TV.

I'll remember this post the next time somebody says talk radio is "unfair."

Establishment support of the status quo is insidious.

Mary said...

Get this--

Last night, Leno said Bill Maher will be a guest on Wednesday night because he had Miller give the conservative side on Monday.

Right. Really fair and balanced, Leno.