Thursday, August 2, 2012

Kevin Spacey and Mitt Romney

Solely because of the Olympics, I caught some of NBC's Today on Wednesday morning. The TV was still on NBC and I thought maybe some athletes might be interviewed.

I last watched Today regularly when Al Roker was overweight. Katie Couric was still on the show.

My viewing on Wednesday was, indeed, a very rare happening.

The small segment I saw had nothing to do with the Olympics. It was Matt Lauer interviewing Kevin Spacey.

It was disgusting.

Here's video from the Media Research Center:




Nauseating.

I used to think Spacey was a good actor, back in The Usual Suspects days.

Now, he seems very bent on pushing a Leftist agenda.

He peaked as an actor long ago. I'm no longer a fan of his acting, let alone his choice to be a mouthpiece for the radical Left.

Here's the transcript:

MATT LAUER: You've been on a lot of planes lately, going back and forth to Baltimore. You're shooting a series there called House of Cards, kind of a political drama, and I just want to read how you described your character recently: 'A wily murderous politician worming his way to the White House.'

KEVIN SPACEY: Yeah, yeah.

LAUER: Another great [guy?] to sink your teeth into.

SPACEY: Kind of like this year, isn't it?

LAUER: Oh, no, no, no. Get yourself in trouble, not me.

SPACEY: [Laughs]

Good grief.

What a lame shot at Mitt Romney to worm in the interview!

With the Olympics, I've been spared the inanity spewed by Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon and celebrity guests yapping about the evil, rich Romney and the god-like, perfection personified Obama.

So I see just a few minutes of Today and there it is.

Really, really annoying.

Yes, I switched the channel immediately.

_______________

UPDATE:

From Breitbart's Christian Toto:

Twitter is a celebrity's best friend when it's time to clean up a mess. It's even better if the mess is self made.

Take Kevin Spacey. The gifted actor put his entire foot in his mouth yesterday on NBC's "Today" by referring to Mitt Romney as a "murderous politician" during a chat about his upcoming Netflix political drama.

Spacey must have felt some Web-related heat from the remark, so he leveraged his Twitter account to try to make amends.




Spacey was very clear on Today.

This is damage control.

He fails.

No comments: