Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Wayne Brady Apology - Trig Palin Joke

Sarah Palin has received what seems like a sincere, heartfelt apology from Wayne Brady.

During a Comedy Central roast of Roseanne Barr, Brady told a joke at the expense of Sarah Palin's little boy, Trig.

From TMZ:

Wayne Brady says he takes "full responsibility" for using Trig Palin and his Down Syndrome as a punchline at the "Comedy Central Roast of Roseanne" ... insisting "no malice or harm was meant."

Brady has been taking some serious heat for the past week ... over a joke in which he says Sarah Palin hates Jeff Ross because he reminds her of "what Trig is going to look like when he's 40."

Wayne issued a statement on Facebook in which he says he didn't write the Jeff joke but explains, "At the end of the day I take full responsibility for saying it."

He adds, "I could defend it as a performer, but I would rather apologize from the bottom of my heart as a father."

"To the Palins, please know that no malice or harm was meant. To the other families who were touched negatively, I hope you'll be able to accept this apology as well."

I like that Brady is taking responsibility for what he said and apologizing for it.

So many people have been so cruel to the Palins. It's refreshing for a performer to show some decency when it comes to Sarah Palin and her precious son.

Apologies to Sarah Palin and her family are so rare that I wonder about the true motivation behind Brady's statement.

Was he advised to apologize to avoid damage to his career? After all, his joke about Trig Palin hurt other families as well. It was bigger than Sarah Palin.

I don't want to be cynical. I want to believe that Brady's regret was real.

I wish others would follow his example and think about how hurtful their words are to the Palin family.





1 comment:

Harvey Finkelstein said...

His career is toast. He appeals to the mainstream too much to survive. Maybe he'll give Oprah a call.