Tuesday, September 4, 2012

$16 Trillion

Without question, Obama's most notable "accomplishment" of his presidency is the debt he has amassed.

Today, the U.S. debt clock hit $16 trillion. Compare that to the end of 2008, just days before President Obama officially took office, when the total federal debt was short of $10 trillion. That’s a 60 percent increase in the federal debt in less than 4 years! Now more than ever, Congress should get to work to rein in out-of-control spending and debt. The economic health of the American nation is at stake.

At $16 trillion, every American’s share of the federal debt rises to $37,437. That represents nearly three-quarters of the income of the average American household earning $50,964 in 2012. And these levels are projected to grow even further, to the point where each American’s share of the federal debt will surpass the staggering $100,000 mark in less than 20 years. Current and future generations of taxpayers are on the hook for increasing levels of debt as Washington continues on its spending spree.

The timing of this milestone is remarkable.

Just as the Democrats open their national convention, the news breaks that the federal debt has topped $16 trillion.

Under Obama, the debt has climbed by 60 percent!

What's Obama's plan to deal with the debt?

MORE DEBT!

It's so irresponsible. Obama is such a failure. His policies are disastrous.

We can't afford four more years of Obama.




$16,000,000,000,000.00, and climbing.

6 comments:

jimspice said...

Did you regard Bush's $9T as HIS most notable accomplishment? No? Oh his was the unprovoked war. I get it.

Mary said...

Check your facts.

During his TWO terms, Bush did not add $9 trillion to the debt.

jimspice said...

Really? How much do you consider his. Remember -- he started with a surplus. Or doesn't that count?

Mary said...

Do some research on the "surplus."

jimspice said...

Mary, you'll go to any length necessary to fit the facts to your worldview. I don't know why I bother. When's the last time you changed your mind on something (I mean besides an entre at TGI Friday's) or admitted you were wrong? It must be nice to have it all figured out.

Mary said...

I don't think pointing out the nature of the "surplus" you cited constitutes going to "any length necessary to fit the facts to [my] worldview."

I've changed my mind on some really major things. My worldview has evolved with experience and the various challenges life has thrown at me. With some of those revelations came the realization that I had been very wrong.

I don't have difficulty admitting when I'm wrong or apologizing.

I'm smart enough to know that I will never have it all figured out.

When was the last time you changed your mind on something that was significant in terms of your worldview?