Sunday, September 23, 2012

Obama in Milwaukee (Video, Transcript)

Obama was fundraising and campaigning and lying and spreading the BS around in Milwaukee yesterday.

And his supporters were lapping it up.

They are clueless.

Why are they buying Obama's stump speech, aka snake oil?

Milwaukee's poverty rate stands at 29.4 percent!

Milwaukee is one of the ten poorest cities in America!

Obama should have been met with an angry mob demanding to get the hope and change he promised to deliver four years ago, not cheering, swooning supporters.

Why would Milwaukeeans want four more years of guaranteed misery?

I wonder how many people in the Obama crowd pay taxes. How many have their hands out? Gimme.

If you're not a taker, you have no reason to love Obama. He's not helping you.

(Yes, there was the usual "we love you, Obama!" followed by Obama's trademark "I love you back!" Absolutely pathetic.)

With three-time gubernatorial candidate loser Mayor Tom Barrett at the helm, Milwaukee is in a hopeless death spiral.

The schools are a mess.

Example:

Milwaukee police say 11 were arrested Thursday morning, September 20th following a large fight at Pulaski High School. The brawl broke out just as school was about to start, and a Milwaukee police school resource officer had to call for backup.

Nine of those arrested were cited for fighting and disorderly conduct. Two have been referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office for possible charges.
Milwaukee's decay is accelerating, but Obama just recited his tired old lines to the adoring crowd.

Insane.

They don't seem to understand that they desperately need new leadership in the city and in the White House.

I find their complacency stunning.

Maybe they really don't understand the American Dream. I guess they don't believe in themselves. If they did, they'd vote for Mitt Romney.

_______________


Here's the transcript of Obama's remarks at the BMO Harris Pavilion. (By the way, BMO Harris is a Canadian bank that bought Milwaukee-based Marshall & Ilsley Bank and Ozaukee Bank.)

Watch Democrat hack Mike Lowe's FOX6 News report on Obama's visit.

Watch Obama's speech:
Raw Video: Obama Speech, Part 1

Raw Video: Obama Speech, Part 2

Raw Video: Obama Speech, Part 3


4 comments:

jimspice said...

I was there with my family.

I did not "lap it up," but I did agree with nearly everything I heard.

I am not "clueless:" I put a lot of time and energy into thinking about political issues.

Well why didn't you organize an "angry mob" if it's so important to you. Oh, by the way, there WERE sign wielding protesters. 6 of them.

"Guaranteed misery?" The economy is likely to turn around no matter who wins, it's just a matter of by how much.

I "pay taxes." I don't have my "hand out."

"Milwaukee is in a hopeless death spiral." Hyperbole much?

I "understand the American Dream." I "believe in myself" and perhaps more importantly, my fellow Americans.

I think that's exactly it -- what makes your side different than mine. You see the worst in everyone. We see the best. I can't imagine living my life your way.

I will NOT be voting for Mitt Romney.

Mary said...

Do you think about the economy?

Do you understand that the entitlements are unsustainable?

Do you get that ObamaCare will not only destroy the quality of our health care but also the economy?

Do you care about the First Amendment and Obama's oppression of Catholics?

How bad are you willing to let conditions in Milwaukee get before you wake up to the fact that the Democrats have failed and you need new leadership?

You most definitely do not understand the American Dream if you accept Obama's theories.

It's impossible for your "fellow Americans" to bail out the country. There isn't $16 trillion out there for Obama and company to confiscate.

Sorry, Jim, but this is a ridiculous statement:

"You see the worst in everyone. We see the best."

Obama and followers are guilty of the bigotry of low expectations.

Class warfare isn't the answer. America's greatness doesn't flourish amid Obama's plan of division and demonization.

I strongly suggest that Obama supporters do some research on economic theory and history.

Obama is following a "path all the way, to where it ends: in history's unmarked grave of discarded lies."

Harvey Finkelstein said...

But it all feels so good...

Propaganda works.

jimspice said...

"Do you think about the economy?"

Yes. A lot. Trickle down has proven to be an utter failure for everyone but the very richest.

"Do you understand that the entitlements are unsustainable?"

No, I do not understand that, because they are.

"Do you get that ObamaCare will not only destroy the quality of our health care but also the economy?"

No I do not because that is not true. There are many countries with much more government-centric health plans that have better health outcomes and doing just fine economically.

"Do you care about the First Amendment and Obama's oppression of Catholics?"

I do care about the 1st Amendment, but in no way is Obama "oppressing" Catholics. No one is forced to use contraception. But if the church wants to get into the BUSINESS of health care, they have to play by the rules of society, not the rules of God. Just stop offering insurance. Problem solved.

"You most definitely do not understand the American Dream if you accept Obama's theories."

Oh, I'm living it. Dad had a 6th grade education, mom 8th, and I made it through grad school and own a home, have great kid in a great school. Definitely living it.

"It's impossible for your 'fellow Americans' to bail out the country. There isn't $16 trillion out there for Obama and company to confiscate."

Now? No. I'd never suggest raising taxes during a recession. You wait for good times to do that, as well as cut spending. You know, different conditions call for different solutions, unlike how the T-party thinks the response to EVERY economic situation is cut taxes, cut spending. Ridiculous.

"I strongly suggest that Obama supporters do some research on economic theory and history."

You notice that grad school comment above? I realize conservatives vilify education, but I like to think I made good use of it.

"...discarded lies."

I will put the honesty of my side up against the honesty of yours any day.