Thursday, September 6, 2012

Obama's Speech (Video, Transcript)

In 1992, Bill Clinton and Al Gore danced around to Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop" at the close of the Democratic National Convention.

Twenty years later, it seems Fleetwood Mac is still what the Democrats want to hear:

"Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies...."

Obama's speech made me nauseous. It gave me motion sickness.

The guy looks left then right then left then right, teleprompter one, teleprompter two, back and forth.

He doesn't connect with the people at home when he doesn't look into the camera. Obama is definitely not better at using a teleprompter than he was four years ago. A terrible habit he has picked up is when he strains his voice, feigning sincerity. It's so fake. Very annoying.




Obama's mocking of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan on foreign policy was disgraceful. This from the guy who can't even get it right when it comes to Israel.

The class warfare rhetoric was disgusting as usual. Middle class, millionaires, Wall Street, blah, blah, blah. I'm not buying it.

The health care lies were sickening. The Medicare deception was so dishonest. The War on Women BS made me angry.

Obama spent little time discussing ObamaCare. I wonder why.

When Obama said, "I'm no longer just a candidate, I'm the president," the crowd went nuts. I could only think that we're about two months away from changing Obama's status.

Obama ticked off a list of the people who give him hope. That's nice, Obama. You don't give me hope. You give me indigestion.




When Obama said he was reminded of the "words of Scripture," I couldn't take it.

What is Obama's economic plan?

Squeeze the rich?

That's not a plan. It won't work.

Obama didn't really address the misery his policies have caused.

He didn't spend nearly enough time talking about the ECONOMY.

The overwhelming majority of Americans believes the country is going in the wrong direction.

Obama says we're on the right path, his path, and we need to keep going.

No, thanks.

Snake oil.








Here's the transcript.

Here's the video:






3 comments:

jimspice said...

I'm more confident than ever the 2nd term is safe (let's call it 80%).

By the way, has your side just given up on the issue of defense? The handling by the 2 conventions was not even close. I smell a paradigm shift. And if the (D)s take defense, you guys are done for. You'll be left with abortion and sanctity of straight marriage. Good luck with that.

Mary said...

If you think the Republicans aren't about a strong defense, than you didn't listen to Romney or Ryan.

This election is about the economy and it's about putting the brakes on big, bloated government controlling our lives.

Obama's speech was surprisingly out of touch. I know he has to avoid his disastrous record at all costs, but failing to address the mess that an entitlement society creates and the smothering effects of too much government regulation makes him appear clueless.

He's talking like it's 2008. Good luck with that.



jimspice said...

Oh I listened to the (R)s. I didn't hear the word Afghanistan. The troupes were noticeably ignored in general. I'm pretty sure we picked up some votes.