Thursday, October 18, 2012

Tommy Thompson - Tammy Baldwin: Debate 2

Thursday night was the second debate of the Wisconsin U.S. Senate race.

I watched the live stream on C-SPAN, missing the beginning of the debate. I planned on watching it in full at 9:00 on PBS, but I've changed my plans. Why bother? I'm not undecided. Nothing would make me vote for Tammy Baldwin.

When I came in on the proceedings, things were quite heated.

There was a good deal of interrupting and accusations were being tossed back and forth.

At one point, Tommy Thompson referred to Tammy Baldwin as Joe Biden, because she was interrupting him.

The audience sort of booed at that.

Both Baldwin and Thompson were sniping at each other.

Thompson was good on taxes, pointing out that the Buffett Rule, Baldwin's favorite class warfare tool, is a thoroughly ineffective solution for dealing with the country's fiscal problems.

When the topic was the Middle East, one thing that hit me was when Tammy Baldwin claimed she had never heard of The Council for a Livable World, a Leftist group that has supported her since 1998. The group opposes sanctions against Iran. She does/did, too, for years. That changed when her senate run was on the horizon.

Although today the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that Baldwin had accepted $60,000 from the group for her senate campaign, she claimed to be completely in dark.

Thompson suggested that she read the paper.

It was not a good moment for Baldwin.

Are we really to believe that Baldwin was unaware of a story by the largest newspaper in the state?

Are we really to believe that the group is giving Baldwin $60,000 if it doesn't expect that she will support its agenda?

I don't believe it.

Whatever.

The debate is irrelevant to me. I'm voting for Tommy Thompson. Baldwin's radical, Leftist views do not reflect mine.

No comments: