Thursday, November 15, 2012

Christi Parsons and Obama

Christi Parsons is a reporter for the Chicago Tribune, Washington Bureau.

One would expect her to behave in a professional manner and exhibit appropriate journalistic integrity.

At Obama's rare news conference yesterday, the starry-eyed Parsons wasn't professional. She checked her journalistic ethics at the door of the East Room.

Parsons gushed like a groupie.

Here's video of the embarrassing scene:




Transcript of the improper exchange:

OBAMA: Christi Parson. Hey.

CHRISTI PARSONS: Thank you, Mr. President, and congratulations, by the way.

OBAMA: Thanks.

PARSONS: One quick follow up --

OBAMA: Christi was there when I was running for state Senate.

PARSONS: That’s right, I was.

OBAMA: So Christi and I go back a ways.

PARSONS: I've never seen you lose. I wasn't looking that one time. (Laughter.)

OBAMA: There you go.
Oh, my God.

What was she thinking?

It appears that Obama may have been a bit embarrassed, or he wouldn't have taken the time to mention that they "go back a ways." Obama probably sensed that her gushing might be criticized and he tried to explain it away. He failed and I don't think he cared.

I think Obama loved the adoration from Parsons.

I don't care how far back they go. Parsons' behavior was awful. She's a disgrace to her profession. Unfortunately, she has a lot of company.



No comments: