Saturday, November 3, 2012

Obama Campaign: Goodbye

The Obama campaign is abandoning me.

This is goodbye.

Mary --

This is me saying goodbye to your inbox.

I know, I know. But PLEASE don't celebrate until you've hit submit on that donation.

Seriously, you've waited until the last minute here -- and we have our final big budget meeting tomorrow. We need your help now, before it's too late:

https://donate.barackobama.com/Deadline

Your friend,

Rufus

Rufus Gifford
National Finance Director
Obama for America
"Seriously, you've waited until the last minute here..."

This is pretty weird.

Send out fundraising emails but don't treat potential voters like they've done something wrong if they don't "pony up."

For his 2008 presidential campaign, Obama was demanding that people "pony up" $5.



OBAMA: I want everybody here to pony up $5, $10 for this campaign. I don't care how poor you are, you got $5.
I think Obama might do a good job selling timeshares. He might succeed at that.

Three more days.


2 comments:

jimspice said...

So what odds are you giving Romney, and what evidence are you using to back that up? Or is it just gut.

Mary said...

I think the economy will decide this election.

Plus, I don't think the people that shellacked the Democrats in 2010 have flipped. They're still committed to getting the country back on track.

All those Scott Walker voters in the recall are still engaged. They're not voting for Obama's fiscal insanity.

The Democrats make a lot of noise, like in Wisconsin in 2011 and 2012. But when it's time to vote, the supporters of Republicans make their voices heard.

I guess I'm using 2010 and the recall as indicators of what will happen on Tuesday.