Saturday, June 1, 2013

Matthew Perry, Addiction, and 'Addition'

Sometimes, professional journalists are extremely entertaining; not because of their wit and wisdom, but because of their incompetence.

Case in point:


Matthew Perry Reflects on Past Addition Problems: "I Was a Sick Guy"
I didn't realize that Matthew Perry had such serious "addition" problems.

Some people aren't good at math. I wouldn't call it a sickness.

Thanks to syndication, it's pretty hard not to catch old episodes of Friends on cable for a nostalgic trip to the past. However, one person who wants to escape memories of that time is one of its former stars, Matthew Perry.

"I honestly recoil," Perry told Good Morning America when asked about seeing old pictures of himself from his Friends heyday. "It's scary to look at that. I was a sick guy."

Stars who deserve a late-night talk show

Perry, 43, is referring to his addiction problems. While his career was booming, Perry's personal life was much darker, because of his abuse of alcohol and opiates. "I think I was pretty good at hiding it, you know, but, you know, eventually people were aware," he said of his cast mates on the popular NBC sitcom.
I'm not mocking Perry's struggles with substance abuse.

I'm mocking the idiots, professional journalists, responsible for the headline, "Matthew Perry Reflects on Past Addition Problems."


No comments: