Thursday, November 7, 2013

CMA Awards: ObamaCare Song, Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood (Video)

Wednesday night was the 47th Country Music Association Awards, hosted by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood.

They opened the show with humor, mocking "feuds" between artists, Miley Cyrus, and ObamaCare.

Video of the opening here.

For the ObamaCare bit, both Brad and Carrie sat on chairs. She had a laptop and he had his guitar. Because Brad's back was hurting, Carrie was trying to sign him up for ObamaCare.

Here's video:




Transcript, Lyrics

BRAD PAISLEY: I think I need to see a doctor.

CARRIE UNDERWOOD: Hey, do you have that ObamaCare?

PAISLEY: ObamaCare? What's that?

UNDERWOOD: Oh, it's great. It's great. I started signing up last Thursday and I'm almost done. Let's go to the website and get you signed up.

PAISLEY: Oh, OK.

UNDERWOOD: (At the computer) Let's see here. Let's see. This can't be too hard, right?

PAISLEY: Why is it spinning?

UNDERWOOD: Oh, it does that.

PAISLEY: OK. Why is it smoking?

UNDERWOOD: Um, I don't...maybe, maybe we should restart it.

(Both sing)
ObamaCare by morning
Why is this takin' so long?
(Paisley) I'm gonna wind up with hemorrhoids
(Both sing)
If I sit here till dawn
We'll have cataracts and dementia
Oh, this is gettin' on my last nerve
ObamaCare by morning
Over six people served