Thursday, December 19, 2013

Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty - 'He Gone'

I suspected the remarks Phil Robertson made in his GQ interview were not going to be dismissed, unlike those hurled by Leftist darling Alec Baldwin so many, many times.

The star of Duck Dynasty, the Robertson patriarch, was "suspended indefinitely" by A&E for expressing his personal religious beliefs.

Here's Phil's statement on the controversy:

"I myself am a product of the '60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."
Pope Francis said, "Who am I to judge?"

He was embraced by the Leftists.

So why is Phil Robertson attacked when he echoes the Pope's message, "Who am I to judge?"

Robertson is silenced.

Free speech?

Well, Phil isn't being tossed in jail, but "he gone" from the show. He wasn't cut the same slack that Hollywood Leftists often receive. Tracy Morgan's anti-gay rant was messy but it didn't destroy his career. Alec Baldwin repeatedly used anti-gay slurs but he kept his job on 30 Rock, as well as his commercial endorsements.

That's a troubling pattern. Some are quickly forgiven while others are reviled and punished immediately.

Is Phil Robertson a hater?

Is Pope Francis?

The Leftists are very selective when it comes to their praise of the words of Pope Francis. They conveniently ignore the vast majority of what he preaches.

The fact is there is extremely limited tolerance for expressing and defending traditional Christian values in this country.

Ben Shapiro makes a good point:




Certain groups receive an abundance of tolerance. Christians don't.

In his statement following the uproar, Phil Robertson clarified his rather graphic remarks regarding homosexuality.

"My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."

Isn't that very similar to the message of Pope Francis, The Advocate's Person of the Year?

I watch Duck Dynasty. I'm a fan. From what I've seen of Phil, he seems totally comfortable in his own skin. It's clear that he adores his wife. He loves his family and they love him. His happiness has nothing to do with material wealth and fame. It has nothing to do with the approval of the Left.

Phil doesn't need A&E.