Friday, February 28, 2014

Beyonce and Obama: 'Monica Lewinsky-ed'

In September 2012, at a reelection fundraiser, Obama declared his respect and admiration for Beyonce.

Beyonce and Jay-Z proudly hosted a fundraiser for President Barack Obama's reelection campaign Tuesday night in NYC.

The couple held the event at Jay-Z's 40/40 club, and tickets cost $40,000 per head. "I can't tell you how proud we are to host tonight's event with President Obama," Beyonce, 30, said while introducing Obama, 51. "We believe in his vision."

After taking the stage, Obama joked that wife First Lady Michelle Obama and their girls Sasha, 11, and Malia, 14, were "mad at me because they aren't here."

"To J and B, thank you so much for your friendship," Obama told his hosts. "Beyonce could not be a better role model for my girls."
Does Obama still consider Beyonce to be one of the best role models for his daughters?

Would Obama like his daughters singing along to Beyonce's song, "Partition"?

Lyrics:

Driver roll up the partition please/ I don't need you seeing Yonce on her knees ...
Oh he so horny, yeah he want to f---
He popped all my buttons, and he ripped my blouse
He Monica Lewinsky-ed all on my gown

I just wanna be the girl you like, the girl you like
Yeah, that's not good.

That's pretty foul, explicit stuff, certainly not what I'd want my daughters, 12 and 15, to be singing.

The "Monica Lewinsky-ed" line doesn't even make sense. I wonder if Monica is happy with Beyonce immortalizing her in song. I wonder if Bill Clinton likes it, and Hillary.

Beyonce a role model?

I don't think so.

Remember when Tipper Gore led the crusade for parental advisory labels on music?

That was way back in 1985, when people went to stores and purchased music. Democrats have changed since then, and so has our culture. Not for the better.