Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sage Kotsenburg - Slopestyle GOLD

HOLY CRAIL!

Sage Kotsenburg won the first ever Olymipc GOLD medal for Snowboard Slopestyle. He says he's stoked.

From Sporting News:

On the strength of a trick that will officially go down as a "1620 Japan Air Mute Grab," the kid from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, and known as "Second Run Sage" posted a winning score of 93.5 on his first run.

Nobody in the 12-man field of finalists could top him. Kotsenburg put the first gold medal of the Sochi Games into the "USA" column.

..."I kind of do random stuff all the time, never make a plan up," Kotsenburg said. "I had no idea I was even going to do a 1620 in my run until three minutes before I dropped. It's kind of what I'm all about."

Kotsenburg's jump was the high point of yet another sunny, windless day at the Rosa Khutor Extreme Park.

..."Never even tried it before," Kotsenburg said. "Never, ever tried it in my life."



USA!

No comments: