Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thomas Eric Duncan

UPDATE, October 8, 2014: Duncan Dies of Ebola.

I hope all those fools who were under the incredibly naive impression that the U.S. medical system could magically manage this disease are getting their wake-up call.

I hope all those idiots who accepted the crap that Obama and his administration have dished out, and believed the positively ridiculous statements being spewed by CDC director Tom Frieden, are thinking again.

I hope they realize the Obama government is not taking adequate measures to protect Americans.


Thomas Eric Duncan, the Liberian citizen who came to the United States knowing that he had moved a woman dying of Ebola, has done us a favor.

Duncan's ability to get to the U.S., most likely to take advantage of our medical care, reveals that the Obama government and the CDC is failing to protect American citizens.

Who is Duncan?

From CNN:

He is a 42-year-old Liberian citizen, said a friend who knows him well but asked not to be identified because of the sensitivity of his case.

Duncan's Facebook page indicates that he's from the Liberian capital of Monrovia, where he attended E. Jonathan Goodridge High School.

Why did he come to the United States?

To visit family and friends, according to the friend, who noted this was Duncan's first trip to America. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Thomas Frieden has said that Duncan was "staying with family members who live in this country."

Stanley Gaye, a Liberian community leader in Dallas, said Duncan was in Dallas visiting his girlfriend.

When did Duncan leave Liberia?

He departed the West African nation on September 19, Frieden says.

How did he get Ebola?

Authorities haven't said.

The New York Times reported Thursday that Duncan had direct contact with a pregnant woman stricken with Ebola on September 15, days before he left for the United States. Citing the woman's parents and Duncan's neighbors in Monrovia, Liberia, the newspaper said Duncan had helped carry the ailing woman home after a hospital turned her away because there wasn't enough space in its Ebola treatment ward.

A CDC spokesman told CNN on Wednesday that he hadn't seen the newspaper's report and couldn't comment.
Duncan got on the plane only 4 days after moving a woman dying of Ebola.

He knew that he was at risk.

When he became ill in the U.S., he and his family did not make it clear to medical officials that Ebola was the possible cause.

The family allowed children to have contact with him and they sent them to school.

Sorry, but that is shockingly irresponsible.

The children attend American schools. I assume the family functions in America. They must be able to communicate. How difficult is it to scream, "HE COULD HAVE EBOLA"?

And what about the hospital? Talk about dropping the ball!

I take no comfort in the fact that others in contact with Duncan aren't showing Ebola symptoms. The incubation period is 2 to 21 days.

Let's see what the situation is after 21 days have passed.

Let's see how much, if any, blood will be on the hands of Obama and his administration.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My question is when was the plane ticket from Liberia to America purchased? Did he leave on the day he was suppose to or did he move it up the departure date? This smells of terrorism or a coward the doesn't mind if he takes his sister and her family (and many many others) with him.
Again, the muslim in the White House has put American people at risk.