Thursday, February 5, 2015

Brian Williams Apology (Video)

Here's video of Brian Williams' apology for his "mistake":





Here's the transcript:

BRIAN WILLIAMS: On this broadcast last week, in an effort to honor and thank a veteran who protected me and so many others after a ground fire incident in the desert during the Iraq War invasion, I made a mistake in recalling the events of twelve years ago. It did not take long to hear from some brave men and women in the air crews who were also in that desert. I want to apologize. I said I was traveling in an aircraft that was hit by RPG fire. I was instead in a following aircraft. We all landed after the ground fire incident and spent two harrowing nights in a sandstorm in the Iraq desert. This was a bungled attempt by me to thank one special veteran, and by extension, our brave military men and women, veterans everywhere, those who have served while I did not. I hope they know they have my greatest respect, and also, now, my apology.
While Williams does say he "wants to apologize," I find it inadequate.

Yes, he apologizes, but he doesn't explain why he lied with such conviction for 12 YEARS.

Oh, he was trying to honor a veteran but a mistake happened.

Sorry, that doesn't cut it. Williams told and retold a lie. It's impossible to accept that it was an honest "misremembering" of the event.

We know that Brian Williams loves performing. He hosted Saturday Night Live. He has appeared on 30 Rock. He loves to "Slow Jam the News" with Jimmy Fallon, something he's done on both Late Night and The Tonight Show.

Here's an example:



Williams, NBC anchor, cool guy, late night guest.

Yeah, right.

Will Fallon do a "Slow Jam" about Williams' lies?

Never.

Will The Roots, Fallon's band, play "Lyin' Ass Bitch" as the intro music for Williams when he next appears as a guest on The Tonight Show, the song QuestLove, drummer for The Roots, took great pleasure in playing to introduce Michele Bachmann for her appearance on Late Night?

That was a horrible move by Fallon's show.

I guarantee that Brian Williams will never be called a "lyin' ass bitch" by anyone at NBC, though he certainly has earned the title.

Williams is now officially a member of the loony Dan Rather anchorman club.

He has no credibility.



If NBC News was a reputable operation, Williams would be replaced.

That means Williams has no worries. His job is secure.


No comments: