Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wedding Photo of Marine and Bride: Restoring Faith

Photos can be so powerful, and this is one of those.



It captures so much emotion. It's absolutely beautiful.

From WKRN:

The photo of U.S. Marine Cpl. Caleb Earwood and his now-wife Maggie was taken by Dwayne Schmidt of Dwayne Schmidt Photography.

The couple married Saturday in Asheville, North Carolina, and ABC News reports Caleb wanted to pray with his bride before the ceremony.

With the help of family members and photographer Schmidt, the groom was taken to the cabin where Maggie was getting ready.

The couple joined hands around the corner so Caleb wouldn’t see her before the altar in order to keep tradition.

...Schmidt told ABC the groom started getting emotional the second their hands touched.

“The whole room was full of emotion,” he said. “I tried not to cry and focus on what I was doing.”

The photo Schmidt ultimately captured shows Caleb praying out loud as Maggie tries to hold back tears.

“It broke me down,” Maggie said, “to know that we felt the same way about God. It just made me happy.”
What a tender moment!

It's so touching for the couple to have this moment of prayer before being wed.

I'm thankful this personal, private exchange was shared.

Is the photographer using the photo as a marketing ploy?

Maybe. Who cares?

I needed to see it, and I'm glad I did.

It bolsters my faith in God.

No comments: