Thursday, February 25, 2016

Talia Jane: Millennial 'Starving' Life of Luxury

Via Vicki McKenna:

An Open Letter To My CEO

This idiotic whining by this spoiled, bratty, wimpy 25-year-old Talia Jane encapsulates all that's wrong with far too many of her so-called Millennial cohorts.

"Life is tough. It should be easy. I have bills I don't want to pay. Take care of me."

Can you imagine this woman being able to survive on the American frontier 150 years ago? Can you imagine her surviving in an American city 100 years ago? 50 years ago? 25 years ago?

So many Americans have become unbelievably soft.

Why?

They weren't raised to take care of themselves. They were raised to believe they deserve everything they want. They were given everything rather than earning it. They were raised to believe all they do is wonderful. They're wonderful. Most important, they were raised in the cushy comfort of NO PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. They have the right to be deemed unconditionally wonderful, simply by virtue of their existence.

Thankfully, not all Millennials are like the woman/child who composed this embarrassing open letter.

Some work and achieve and are on the right path.

Well, looky here.



Turns out the whiny, allegedly "starving" Millennial isn't really being denied a life of comfort and excess at all.

From Michelle Malkin, National Review:

While Narcissa by the Bay wallowed in public self-pity over her inability to afford groceries (“bread is a luxury to me”), her social-media accounts were filled with food, glorious food.

Eagle-eyed Internet users archived Instagram and Twitter images of Talia Jane indulging in a spa day with a fashionable facial mask made of Lush-brand coffee grounds; showing off her well-stocked kitchen, where she baked sumptuous cupcakes, “prosciutto-brie-cilantro-garlic biscuits,” “brie-stuffed meatballs topped with brie and rosemary sprigs,” “roast chuck marinated in herbs,” “a s— ton of Swedish potatoes au gratin,” and “mini pumpkin pies.”

In one of her richer moments (pun intended), Jane brags about having Bulleit Kentucky Bourbon delivered to her office through a smartphone app. “I’ve been meaning to buy whiskey,” she burbles, but I always forget until after I’m phone [sic.] and my pants are off” (presumably when she’s under all her blankets shivering from cold and deprivation). “[A]lcohol delivery services aren’t available where I live because I’m in the suburbs,” so “I had alcohol delivery to my job. [O]ddly enough, no one asked about it.”
God, I can't stand the crap that Millennials, and others, post on social sites. The images of expensive liquor, pour-over coffee, prosciutto-wrapped asparagus spears, and poached pears drive me nuts. And the cupcakes! Oh, my God, enough with the cupcakes! As long as I live, I would be happy if I never again saw an image of someone's stupid brunch plate.

The Internet really can be a bad, bad thing. It's not healthy to be bombarded with this stuff. It has to be screwing people up, especially the weak and pathetic, like Talia Jane, the ones completely lacking a grasp of what is truly valuable in life.

Actually, I think Talia Jane did a good thing by writing that remarkably misguided open letter.

Perhaps she's learning something that her parents never taught her. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe her parents tried to get through to her but she stomped her feet and resisted, demanding only the best be bestowed upon her wonderfulness because the universe owes her more than simple comfort.

In any event, she should consider herself in the midst of a whopping intervention right now.

Talia Jane:

You're 25.

Quit whining.

Live within your means. No expensive spa days, bourbon, brie, etc.

Take responsibility for yourself.

Grow the hell up.


No comments: