Monday, February 29, 2016

Tom Barrett: Walker Supporters = Trump Supporters

I'm sure there are many Scott Walker supporters offended by Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett's assertion that they are just like Donald Trump's supporters.

In a fund-raising email, Barrett tries to make money by equating Walker and Trump.

Dear Friend,

You know me.

I have always tried to move us forward by bringing people together, not by pitting people against each other. But that's not how other leaders operate.

We've seen this "divide and conquer" strategy before, first with Scott Walker -- and now with Donald Trump. Frankly, it makes me sick and I'm not going to stand for it. No nation, no state, and no city can afford that kind of leadership.

We can't let them divide us for their own political gain. And that's what my reelection is all about. Do we want a mayor who will keep moving us forward together or someone who will divide us? I will continue to work hard every day to make all of our neighborhoods--every neighborhood in our city--a better place to live, work and raise a family.

I am so proud of what we've accomplished, and together, we can keep fighting for Milwaukee.


We need to raise an additional $900 by midnight tonight to reach our February fundraising goal, and have the resources we'll need for victory in April.

Can you chip in $5 to help me achieve our goals of building a stronger Milwaukee together?

I hope you'll take a stand with me today and say I'm with you --- and not the cynical Walker and Trump crowd. Help me keep fighting for you!

Tom

Barrett says Trump would be a leader like Walker.

If only that were the case, I'd feel a lot better right now.

Don't vote for Barrett.

Vote for Bob Donovan.

No comments: