Thursday, May 4, 2017

Colbert: No Apology For Lewd Comments

Stephen Colbert finally addressed the firestorm surrounding his disgusting monologue on his Monday show. He made comments but did not apologize in any way. He doubled down.

From The Hollywood Reporter:

The Late Show's Stephen Colbert responded to the #FireColbert backlash that hit Twitter this week, which called out the CBS late-night host for his jokes about President Donald Trump in Monday's monologue.

"Welcome to The Late Show. I'm your host, Stephen Colbert. Still? I am still the host? I'm still the host!" he said to open Wednesday's show, according to a transcript obtained by The Hollywood Reporter.

...

"Now, if you saw my monologue Monday, you know that I was a little upset at Donald Trump for insulting a friend of mine," Colbert continued, referring to Dickerson. "So at the end of that monologue, I had a few choice insults for the president in return. I don't regret that. He, I believe, can take care of himself. I have jokes, he has the launch codes. So, it's a fair fight.

"So while I would do it again, I would change a few words that were cruder than they needed to be," Colbert said on Wednesday. "I’m not going to repeat the phrase, but I just want to say for the record, life is short, and anyone who expresses their love for another person, in their own way, is to me, an American hero. I think we can all agree on that. I hope even the president and I can agree on that. Nothing else. But, that."

So, Colbert believes his "joke" about President Trump, "[T]he only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin's cock holster," is actually an expression of love?

Is Colbert suggesting that Trump is an American hero for showing his affection for Putin in that manner, by using his mouth to serve as Putin's "cock holster"?

Yeah, that's not what Colbert is saying. He's just trying to get off the hook for his homophobic slur. He's clear about not being sorry. He said, "I had a few choice insults for the president in return. I don't regret that. He, I believe, can take care of himself."

This whole thing is not about Trump being able to take care of himself and Colbert being a comedian.

Colbert went way over the line in a prepared rant about Trump. He didn't say what he did off-the-cuff, in the heat of the moment ad-libbing an inappropriate remark.

It was ALL planned. Colbert knew it. His writers knew it. CBS knew it.

The firestorm is really about the fact that Colbert, because he's a Leftist, can get away with anything. CBS, because the network is a Leftist outlet, supports him. No need to apologize. That's the way this stuff always plays out.

Too many people offended by Colbert's remarks and the derangement of the anti-Trump crowd don't have the spine to say "ENOUGH."

The Leftists destroy conservatives or anyone holding different views from them. They stage boycotts, target sponsors. They march. They commit violence. They riot, even destroying the property of people who share their views but just happened to be in their way. They rally as "The Resistance."

And the people opposed to Colbert's awful rant and the Leftists' tactics and utterly out of control anti-Trump lunacy cower or shrug their shoulders and move on.

There is something very wrong with that. Tolerating what's wrong can be a problem.








No comments: