Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Stephen Colbert Disgraces CBS - the Tiffany Way

I do not watch Stephen Colbert because he's not entertaining.

The last time I actually saw any portion of his show as it aired was in January 2016. I tuned in for the appearance of a specific musical guest. Prior to that, I had only seen the debut show.

Other than those two occasions, I have NEVER watched any part of the show as it aired. NEVER. Other than the first show and the January 2016 program, I have NEVER DVR'd any of it.

Colbert is not funny. He doesn't entertain me. I want no part of his program.

This is why:




Oh, my God! Wow!

This is broadcast network TV. This is CBS, the "Tiffany Network."

I can't compare this monologue to his other ones, since the one and only monologue I ever saw him deliver was his debut. But this must be a new low. I hope this isn't the stuff that CBS puts out on a nightly basis.

I am shocked that this is what CBS considers appropriate, even for a late night audience.

Transcript, from the monologue, referencing President Trump's interview with John Dickerson on Face the Nation, and Trump's use of the term "Deface the Nation":

STEPHEN COLBERT: Really? Donald Trump, John Dickerson is a fair-minded journalist and one of the most competent people who will ever walk into your office. And you treat him like that? Now, John Dickerson has way too much dignity to trade insults with a president of the United States to his face. But I, sir, am no John Dickerson. And when you, OK, all right, let me introduce you, let me introduce you to something we call the 'Tiffany Way.' When you insult one member of the CBS family, you insult us all. 'Bazinga!' All right? Here we go. All right?

Mr. Trump, your presidency? I love your presidency. I call it 'Disgrace the Nation.' You're not the POTUS, you're the BLOTUS. You're the glutton with the button. You're a regular Gorge Washington. You're the Presidunce. But, you're turning into a real pricktator.

Sir, you attract more skinheads than free Rogaine. You have more people marching against you than cancer. You talk like a sign language gorilla who got hit in the head. In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin's cock holster. Your presidential library, your presidential library, your presidential library is gonna be a kids menu and a couple of Juggs magazines. The only thing smaller than your hands is your tax returns. And you can take that anyway you want.
This confirms my choice to not watch Colbert.

I think CBS needs to address this.

I'm sure Colbert goes after Trump every night and trashes him, but these terms are over the line.

What programs do I watch on CBS? When was the last time I watched CBS? It had to be either an awards show or the Packers. I watch nothing else on CBS. NOTHING.

I can't boycott the network.

I suppose I could boycott the sponsors.




1 comment:

Mary said...

Nope. I'm not OK with that.