Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day 2018



Let all that you do be done in love.

--St. Paul




I'd like to kiss you but I just washed my hair.

--Bette Davis




I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.

--Martin Luther King, Jr.




Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop.

--H. L. Mencken




Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.

--Mother Teresa




Kiss me and you will see how important I am.

--Sylvia Plath




Betrayal can only happen if you love.

--John le Carré




I like not only to be loved, but also to be told I am loved.

--George Eliot




A kiss that is never tasted, is forever and ever wasted.

--Billie Holiday




Love sought is good, but given unsought is better.

--William Shakespeare





Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.

--Aristotle




A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years.

--Rupert Brooke




Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.

--Henry Van Dyke




Everybody winds up kissing the wrong person goodnight.

--Andy Warhol




Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.

--Charles M. Schulz




Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

--Albert Einstein




Thou art to me a delicious torment.

--Ralph Waldo Emerson




The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.

--John Vance Cheney




Women still remember the first kiss after men have forgotten the last.

--Remy de Gourmont




Take away love and our earth is a tomb.

--Robert Browning

No comments: