Monday, October 12, 2009

Brett Favre: 'Best Team I've Ever Been On'

Viking Brett Favre is one happy guy, starting 5-0 for the first time in his NFL career.

From the Associated Press:

Favre threw for 232 yards and a touchdown a day after a milestone birthday, leading the undefeated Minnesota Vikings to a 38-10 rout over the hapless and helpless Rams on Sunday.

Showing no signs of a letdown just six days after an emotional win over Green Bay, his former team, Favre didn’t put up big numbers and didn’t have any last-second heroics. He was simply spry and efficient, dodging defenders and winging passes in every direction in his 274th straight regular-season start.

Now Favre is 5-0 for the first time in his career, 1-0 as a 40-year-old.

“I hope there’s many more to come,” Favre said. “I’d be lying if I said I thought I’d still be playing at 40 and not miss a game at this point. I just hope I can lead this team to bigger and better things.”

From ESPN:
“Physically and from a talent level,” Favre said, “this is the best team I’ve ever been on. I’ve said this from Day 1.

Oh, really?

This Vikings team is better than any from his years in Green Bay.

Better than the Super Bowl XXXI Champion Packers?

I guess being the 2009 Vikings quarterback is the highpoint of Favre's career. Well. OK.

Favre certainly is living out his dream, sticking it to Ted Thompson.

I think Favre loves twisting the knife.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is why it is important to be loyal to a team and not a player.



Let's remember:

The Vikings are 5-0 and have only played one team with a winning record -- The 49er who the beat in the last 13 seconds.
One team is 0-5 Rams
Two team are 1-4, Browns and Lions
The Packers are 2-2.


So Let Me Get This Right:

Playing with Leroy Butler, Sean Jones, Eugene Robinson, Antonio Freeman, Santana Dotson, Edar Bennett, Gilbert Brown, Mark Chumra, Frank Winters, Adam Timmerman, Earl Dotson, William Henderson, Craig Hentrick, Chris Jackie, Keith Jackson, Dorsey Levens, Ken Ruttegers, Wayne Simmons, Andre Rison, Desmond Howard, and Reggie White just to name a few was not the best team he has played with?????

Another high profile NFL ... with his foot in his mouth.

Mary said...

Favre doesn't seem to be thinking clearly.

Being with the Vikings has launched him into a state of euphoria that's rendered him clueless.

If he wants to diss the greats he was lucky enough to have on his side during the '90s, that's his prerogative.

I learn more about the real Favre every day.

Not pretty.