Saturday, May 9, 2020

Dan Conry R.I.P.





I didn't find out that Dan Conry had passed away until Friday afternoon.

I was heartbroken to hear the news.

For years, I had spent Sunday afternoons listening to Dan. There were so many things about him that I found endearing. I always enjoyed hearing his views on the issues, but without question, his stories set him apart. They were hilarious. Of course, the way he told them made them even more entertaining. If I had to pick, I'd say the M-80 story was my favorite.

I think it was the way he often talked about his family that drew me in most. He revealed a lot about himself when he let his audience get to know his parents and brother and sisters. We heard about his childhood and his upbringing, his time in law enforcement. That made it more personal when we learned of his Marine dad's death and his mom's struggle with Alzheimer's.

He was such a sweet, caring man.

There was a lot of tragedy in his life, but he always was so positive. I remember being so happy when he was back on the air after his stroke. Every time I heard him, he brightened my day. Every time.

He was an inspiration, not letting life's curves get the best of him. He just kept going, and laughing. I really admired him for that.

Dan brought so much joy. What a wonderful legacy!

My heartfelt condolences to his beloved brother, and all his friends and colleagues.






No comments: