Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Blogging is Not Easy

I write this post tonight with a very, very full heart.


It's not easy. It's not easy. And I couldn't do it if I just didn't passionately believe blogging was the right thing to do. I have so many opportunities from this blog. I just don't want to see it fall backwards. (Eyes well up.)

You know, this is very personal for me. (Sniff, sniff.) It's not just political. It's not just public. I see what's happening. I have to reverse it.

And some people think blogs are a game. They think it's like whose traffic is up or who's down. It's about our websites. It's about our blogs' futures. And it's really about all of us bloggers together.

Some of us put ourselves out there and do this against some pretty difficult odds.
(Loses wireless signal again.) And we do it, each one of us, because we care about our blogs.

But some of us are right and some of us are wrong. Some of us are ready and some of us are not. Some of us know what we will write on day one, and some of us haven't really thought that through enough.

So as tired as I am and as difficult as it is to keep up with what I try to do online, and still occasionally exercise, trying to eat right—it's tough when the easiest thing is pizza.
(Struggles for composure.)

I just believe… (Pauses, takes a deep breath) so strongly in who I am as a blogger. I'm going to do everything I can to make my case, and then the readers get to decide. (Bites lower lip.)


And I want especially to thank you. Over the last week, I listened to you and in the process, I found my own voice.

I felt like we all spoke from our hearts, and I am so gratified that you responded with comments.

Honest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hill-ar-y-ous!

Mary said...

hehehehe

I mean, WAAAAAAAAAAH!

Jimi5150 said...

You know, I don't think Fred over at Real Debate is crying over these things. Women.

(snicker)

Mary said...

To quote Hillary, "Ah, the remnants of sexism— alive and well."

Yeah, that's the ticket. :)

Oops! I mean, :`-(