Friday, February 1, 2008

Mike Huckabee and Enemy Sean Hannity

Mike Huckabee's campaign has decided to make conservative talk radio the enemy, specifically Sean Hannity.

A fund-raising e-mail was sent out today with the subject line: "Sean Hannity...Now It Makes Sense."


Sean Hannity: "I'll tell you right now, and I've not announced this, but I will be voting for Mitt Romney in this campaign. It's the first time I've stated it publicly. I'll state it now." ("Sean Hannity Radio Show," 1/31/08.


Well I have to admit I am very disappointed by this statement even though I am not surprised. That said, statements like this personally motivate me even more. If you feel as I do I encourage you to commit to doing these three things by Super Tuesday:

1. Make a contribution of $25 or more in support of Mike Huckabee between now and Super Tuesday.

2. Make at least 5 voter contact calls for Mike everyday until Super Tuesday. Click here to signup as a Ranger and start making calls tomorrow.

3. Call your friends and family in Super Tuesday states and ask them to vote for Mike.


If you are willing to do all three for Mike before Super Tuesday, please leave a comment on our campaign blog and encourage others to do the same. I will email you again soon about our new television advertising buy.

Chip Saltsman
National Campaign Manager

Hannity has the right to support a candidate.

What's the big deal?

No e-mail like this was sent when The New York Times endorsed John McCain. Saltsman didn't express his disappointment and lack of surprise over that.

When Arnold Schwarzenegger and Charlie Crist and Rudy Giuliani endorsed McCain there was no disappointment, no "now it makes sense" statements.

All the praise that they're showering on McCain didn't

What's the deal?

No comments: