Friday, May 9, 2008

Daily Kos Appeals to Dems Considering McCain



This post at Daily Kos caught my attention because of the misspelling. I don't want to put words in onanyes' mouth but I think "Democrats an Independents" should read "Democrats AND Independents."

Onanyes argues:

I've heard some Obama and Clinton supporters say that they would either sit out or vote for McCain if their choice didn't obtain the nomination.

I argue that this is a very bad idea.

More below the fold.

Note: I didn't even touch on many other significant points (e. g. his gaffes over the Middle East).

Onanyes provides seven reasons that McCain is not right for Dems and Independents:
1. McCain is not the "straight talker" that he claims to be, nor is he a maverick.

2. McCain does not have a scandal free past. Remember the Keating Five? McCain was one of them.

3. McCain exercises poor judgment in public; witness his seeking and getting Reverend Hagee's endorsement and witness his joking about bombing another country.

4. McCain does not respect women.
a. He called his wife a "c--t" in public.
b. He joked that Chelsea Clinton is ugly because Janet Reno is her father.
c. He did not express disapproval when a supporter called Senator Hillary Clinton a bitch.

5. McCain thinks that we are better off after having Bush for 8 years.

6. McCain admitted that the Iraq war was for oil and then tried to backtrack.

7. He is clueless on healthcare.

Onanyes concludes:
Folks, if you are an independent or a Democrat, then John "more of the same" McCain is not for you.

There you have it -- the Left's talking points against McCain.

Pretty weak if you ask me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are just so clever and smart...except where you call attention to a word that is spelled incorrectly. You say its a "misspelling".

Hahahahaha! You mispelled "misspelled"!!!!!

Hahahahahahahaha!

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/misspelling

Mary said...

What are you talking about?

I spelled "misspelling" correctly.

I hope you're not planning on operating any heavy machinery.

Harriet said...

Yes, you caught my typo. :-) But I think the election went rather well.