Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Insufferable David Brooks

David Brooks doesn't want the Republicans to win the White House.

That's clear.

Brooks: Obama will win by nine

David Brooks was interviewed by Jeffrey Goldberg today at an Atlantic magazine luncheon in New York. He predicted, according to HuffPo, that Obama is going to win by nine points.

Oh yes, Brooks also said this:
[Sarah Palin] represents a fatal cancer to the Republican party. When I first started in journalism, I worked at the National Review for Bill Buckley. And Buckley famously said he'd rather be ruled by the first 2,000 names in the Boston phone book than by the Harvard faculty. But he didn't think those were the only two options. He thought it was important to have people on the conservative side who celebrated ideas, who celebrated learning. And his whole life was based on that, and that was also true for a lot of the other conservatives in the Reagan era. Reagan had an immense faith in the power of ideas. But there has been a counter, more populist tradition, which is not only to scorn liberal ideas but to scorn ideas entirely. And I'm afraid that Sarah Palin has those prejudices. I think President Bush has those prejudices.

Brooks says, "I'm more Republican than not."

Really? REALLY??

I think he may be suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. I can't explain it.

We have four weeks to go and he has already conceded the election to the most liberal and one of the most inexperienced men in the Senate, Barack Obama.

What is that?

I have yet to vote for a candidate that perfectly reflects where I stand on issues. It has NEVER happened. I doubt it ever will.

I always find myself voting for the lesser evil; or, if you prefer, the greater good.

In the 2008 election, there is absolutely no question in my mind that John McCain and Sarah Palin would better serve this country than Barack Obama and Joe Biden.

I don't get how Brooks can claim to be a Republican and be comfortable admitting defeat and resigning himself to accept the extremist liberal policies of Obama this far out from the election.

It's a month before the election, not a day.

"Scorning ideas entirely"? "Prejudices"?

I say this with all due respect: WHAT A POMPOUS ASS!

To those Republicans and conservatives willing to sound the death knell at this point in the presidential campaign--

You are not helping. You could be dooming the country to four years or more of disastrous liberalism.


Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

________________

Watch David Brooks disparage Sarah Palin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes because those liberal ideas are so horrible. The creation of the new deal. A womens right to vote. Allowing for interacial couples (you probably do not like that one) medicare for adults, the GI bill. yeah those 'liberal' ideals are just so wrong.

Mary said...

What are talking about?

Good grief.