Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lewis Black and Anderson Cooper

Comedian Lewis Black pitched a fit to behold at the CNN/TIME Politics '08 Conference yesterday.



Wow. After he exploded, Black had regrets.

Transcript

LEWIS BLACK: I took a lot of, what I... anger directed at you mostly had to do with some s--- I went through today. It really didn't have to do with you. Just so you know. I'm serious. I yell a lot and sometimes I step over the line, but that had to do with... I'm gettin'... OK? So, it wasn't... I apologize.

In addition to his expletive-laced outburst, Black delivered a prediction of sorts.
QUESTION: If Obama becomes president, what do you see in the future of..., the political future of Sarah Palin?

BLACK: Well, I'll be honest, the best line, the best comic line, was my friend John Bowman who opens for me, said that he says, 'In a year, she'll be doing a spread in Playboy.'

So, I mean, that's the...it's a.. and the problem... Here's the problem, too, when you end up in this weird position of being in a symposium and you're a comic, is that, um, there's certain things... you just... that you've... You say stuff and you know that you've insulted certain people, 'cause if I have a comedy show, people, you know, pay and they come and they know what they're gonna get. And then, uh... Because I say stuff that really... It's insulting.

ANDERSON COOPER: I'm equally thrilled to be here.

At least Black realizes that he's insulting.

No comments: