Sunday, March 1, 2009

Rahm Emanuel Demonizes Rush Limbaugh



"[Republicans] can go f--- themselves!"

--RAHM EMANUEL, Barack Obama's Chief of Staff


Barack Obama's Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel appeared on Face the Nation this morning.

Full transcript here.

Excerpt

SCHIEFFER: Let me ask you this question...

EMANUEL: But our goal, our goal, Bob, is to continue to reach out. And it's our desire that the Republicans would work with us and try to be constructive, rather than adopt the philosophy of somebody like Rush Limbaugh, who is praying for failure.

SCHIEFFER: Rush Limbaugh. We've talked about Newt Gingrich a lot this morning and now you bring up Rush Limbaugh. Who do you think now speaks for the Republican Party?

EMANUEL: You just named them. It was Rush Limbaugh. I mean, he has laid out his vision, in my view, and he said it clearly, and I compliment him for that. He's been very upfront and I compliment him for that. He's not hiding. He's asked for President Obama and called for President Obama to fail. That's his view. And that's what he has enunciated. And whenever a Republican criticize him, they have to run back and apologize to him, and say they were misunderstood. He is the voice and the intellectual force and energy behind the Republican Party. And he has been upfront about what he views, and hasn't stepped back from that, which is he hopes for failure. He said it. And I compliment him for his honesty, but that's their philosophy that is enunciated by Rush Limbaugh. And I think that's the wrong philosophy for America, because what Americans want us to do and what President Obama has been very clear about is work together, setting our goals. We may take different roads to get to that goal, but be clear on what we have to do to build this country, by investing in our people, changing the health care system, having an energy independence policy that clearly weans America off its dependence on foreign oil...

SCHIEFFER: Do you really think he is that important, that other Republicans are paying that much attention to him?

EMANUEL: Well, he was given the keynote, basically, at the Conservative Caucus to speak. When a Republican did attack him, he was -- clearly had to turn around and come back and basically said that he's apologizing and was wrong. And I do think he's an intellectual force, which is why the Republicans pay such attention to him.

Here we go again. Emanuel is following Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals.
Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, polarize it. Don’t try to attack abstract corporations or bureaucracies. Identify a responsible individual. Ignore attempts to shift or spread the blame.

Emanuel has declared Limbaugh to be the Republican leader, the most influential voice and force in the party.

He has declared Limbaugh to be the enemy. Emanuel has picked his target and, most importantly, personalized it.

Emanuel is making differences of principle and policy personal.

Limbaugh doesn't agree with Obama's principles and policies. He is not hoping that Obama's misguided, disastrous policies succeed, but it's not really a personal battle. Limbaugh isn't an evil man wishing personal failure on Obama. It's all about principles and policies.

Emanuel doesn't want to focus on that.
Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, polarize it.
That's Emanuel's strategy. I think, ultimately, that strategy will fail.



Questions:

Did Emanuel want President George W. Bush to fail?

Does Emanuel want Republicans to fail?

Does Emanuel want Limbaugh to fail?

Limbaugh discussed Obama and failure during his address to CPAC yesterday.

RUSH LIMBAUGH: Now, about my still-to-me mysteriously controversial comment that I hope President Obama fails. I was watching the Super Bowl. And as you know, I love the Pittsburgh Steelers. [Cheers and Applause] So they have this miraculous scoring drive that puts them up by four, 15 seconds left. Kurt Warner on the field for the Cardinals. And I sure as heck want you to know I hope he failed. I did not want the Cardinals to win. I wanted Warner to make the biggest fool of himself possible. I wanted a sack, I wanted anything. I wanted the Steelers to win. I wanted to win. I wanted the Cardinals to fail.

This notion that I want the President to fail, folks, this shows you a sign of the problem we've got. That's nothing more than common sense and to not be able to say it, why in the world do I want what we just described, rampant government growth indebtedness, wealth that's not even being created yet that is being spent, what is in this? What possibly is in this that anybody of us wants to succeed? Did the Democrats want the war on Iraq to fail!

CROWD: Yes!

LIMBAUGH: They certainly did. They not only wanted the war in Iraq to fail, they proclaimed it a failure. There's Dingy Harry Reid waiving a white flag: [doing Harry Reid impression] "This war is lost. This war is" -- [Cheers and Applause] They called General Petraeus a liar before he even testified. Mrs. Clinton -- [Crowd Booing] -- said she had to, willingly suspend disbelief in order to listen to Petraeus. We're in the process of winning the war. The last thing they wanted was to win. They hoped George Bush failed. So what is so strange about being honest to say that I want Barack Obama to fail if his mission is to restructure and reform this country so that capitalism and individual liberty are not its foundation? Why would I want that to succeed? [Applause]

Let me add a caveat here. My friends, I know what's going on. I know what's going on. We're in the aspects here of an historic presidency. I know that. But let me be honest again. I got over the historical aspects of this in November. President Obama is our president. President Obama stands for certain things. I don't care, he could be a Martian. He could be from Michigan, I don't know -- just kidding. Doesn't matter to me what his race is. It doesn't matter. He's liberal is what matters to me. And his articulated -- his articulated plans scare me. Now, I understand we can't say we want the President to fail, Mr. Limbaugh. That's like saying -- this is the voice of the New Castrati, by the way, guys who have lost their guts. You can't say Mr. Limbaugh that you want the President to fail because that's like saying you want the country to fail. It's the opposite. I want the country to survive. I want the country to succeed. [Cheers and Applause] [Crowd Chanting "USA" ]

I want the country to survive as we have known it, as you and I were raised in it, is what I mean. Now, I have been called -- and I can take it. Pioneers take the arrows, I don't mind what anybody says about me, any time ever. I don't have time for it. I don't give other people the power to offend me. And you shouldn't either, by the wasted time being offended.[Applause]

I mean, there's some people you can't say you want the President to fail. Ladies and gentlemen of the United States, the Democrat Party has actively not just sought the failure of Republican presidents and policies and now wars for the first time, the Democrat Party doesn't stop at failure. Talk to Judge Robert Bork or Justice Clarence Thomas about how they tried to destroy lives, reputations and character, and I'm supposed to say I don't want the President to fail? [Applause] We're in for a real battle. We are talking about the United States of America -- and there will always be an America, don't misunderstand me -- we're talking about it remaining the country we were all born into and reared and grown into. And it's under assault. It's always under assault. But it's never been under assault like this from within before. And it's a serious, serious battle.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rahm, a Chicago machine know-nothing politician has made a bad choice. He's in over his head with going after Limbaugh. Way over his head. The best thing is that Rahm isn't bright enough to realize it.

Besides, Rush will never be the figurehead for the Republican party. He's a conservative, not a Republican. I don't think he's ever contributed to a political campaign.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention that ol' Rahm is a neurotic nutcase. He's proven that on more than one occasion.

Anonymous said...

Great Article Wrong Questions.
I don't know how long you have been a fan of Mr. Limbaugh's but when I first started listening to him he used to say listen to me and check the facts and make a judgment. Now, or when I stopped listening to Mr. Limbaugh he was saying listen to me. The thing I found most troubling about what Mr. Limbaugh was saying was half was fact the other was made up. I was glad at the time, that I had the time and took the time to check his facts and they were usually about 50% true the rest was his spin.
My friend and I were talking about politics and most of what he was saying was a regurgitation of what Mr. Limbaugh was saying.
Mr. Limbaugh is probably one of the greatest orators of our time but I employ you and all of your readers to check his facts you will find out that its usually half true and half of his own unique spin. Mr. Limbaugh show is just that a show built to entertain. I still listen to him periodically to find out what the Republicans are thinking but I don't listen to anyone blindly anymore and I have Mr. Limbaugh to thank for that. He taught me to go and check the facts for myself. He taught me to be a better American, and for that I thank him. I do believe he is doing a disservice to the American people now though by telling them to listen and take what he is saying as fact. Mr. Limbaugh is the face of the Republican party and he knows it. He is President Obama's greatest opposition.
Did Emanuel want President Bush to fail, I don't know. Does Emanuel want Republicans to fail, I don't know. I would hope not. Does Emanuel want Mr. Limbaugh to fail, yes and so do I. I think it would be good for the country because clearly he is pushing his own agenda and not one that is good for the country, but maybe good for his select investors. I think America is tired of that and we really can't afford it anymore. The last 20 years, our presidents have been ripping off the country. It is time we have a president that wants to give back to the country rather than take from it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary said...

I removed the comment above from "YouSir,AreAnIdiot."

The individual writes like Christian Bale talks.

Anonymous said...

Rahm Emanuel is definittely the Obama mouthpiece. Emanuel says what Obama tells him to say.

Rush Limbaugh is right. Rush Limbaugh's argument is right. Obama's Democratic agenda is bad news for America. We should all hope this Obama spending lunacy fails.

About Limbaugh - he is the loudest conservative voice out there right now. I have no problem with that. What upsets me is our elected Republican leaders should be even louder than Mr. Limbaugh. Our elected Republican politicians should be setting the conservative agenda and motivating us all. They are failing.