Thursday, October 8, 2009

Kathleen Sebelius and Jay Leno (Video)

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius took part in Jay Leno's segment "Ten@Ten" last night, via satellite from Washingon, DC.

Guests answer ten questions.

Barney Frank made a memorable, revealing, and offensive "Ten@Ten" appearance a couple of weeks ago.

Kathleen Sebelius gave some interesting responses to Leno's questions.

Even before Leno started questioning Sebelius, during the introduction, Sebelius was cracking some rather odd jokes.

Transcript

JAY LENO: Welcome. I apologize, I think I've said your name a different way each time. So...'Sebelius,' is that correct?

KATHLEEN SEBELIUS: That's all right. Kathleen works really well.

LENO: Kathleen. OK. Well, thank you. Yeah, 'Madame Secretary' seems a little formal.

SEBELIUS: I know. I would never have been hired as a secretary. Didn't want to be a madame.

LENO: Well, but you know of the two... Well, never mind.

That exchange is a little weird.

There's nothing wrong with bring light-hearted, but talking about not wanting to be a madame?

I suppose it's a good thing Sebelius didn't say she always wanted to be a madame. That would have been worse.

I wouldn't mind some semblance of decorum and a hint of gravitas when government officials make these sort of appearances on talk shows.

Video.


No comments: