Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Scott Walker Ad: 'Results'



Transcript

SCOTT WALKER: In 2002 a pension scandal rocked Milwaukee County. The guy who had the job before me tried to grab millions for himself and his friends.

We had enough. We took back our government. In fact, the first thing I did was to give part of my salary back to the taxpayers - $370,000 over eight years.

I cut the government workforce by 20% and I introduced eight budgets without raising the property tax levy from the previous year. While Washington and Madison run up big budget deficits, we had an $8.9 million surplus.

They say you can’t cut waste without sacrificing services; they’re wrong. We invested in our airport and today it’s one of the fastest growing in America – adding nearly 1,000 new jobs. We eliminated the waiting list for long-term care for our seniors. We even won the gold medal for the best parks in the country.

Want less government and lower taxes?

I’m Scott Walker and I know how to get the job done.

Join us at BrownBagMovement.com.”

No comments: