Monday, May 17, 2010

Scott Walker: Arizona Immigration Law

Here's a statement on Arizona's immigration law provided by Scott Walker's campaign:

"I sympathize with the people of Arizona who are victimized by violence, crime and property damage as a result of illegal immigration. After discussing with several state legislators who both authored and sponsored the new law in Arizona, I’m satisfied that the amended bill provides adequate protections against racial profiling and discrimination. A police officer may only inquire about the immigration status of persons they have stopped, detained, or arrested for other reasons.

In addition, earlier decisions by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals satisfy my concern about any conflicts with the 10th Amendment. If I were Governor of Arizona, I too would sign the Arizona immigration bill.

As Governor of Wisconsin, I will sign legislation that strengthens our protection against illegal immigration and ensures that taxpayer funded benefits like Badger Care and drivers licenses are not available to those who are here illegally.”

We know where Walker stands on illegal immigration. He's on the same side of the issue as the overwhelming majority of Americans.

Where does Tom Barrett stand? What would he do as governor?

I can't imagine Barrett signing legislation that would strengthen our protection against ILLEGAL immigration. Barrett would get his marching orders and do what he's told by the Democrat party and Obama. I don't think he'd do what's right.

No comments: