Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hariprasad Trivedi

UPDATE, February 6, 2012: Hari Trivedi is back!
___________________

While watching Saturday Night Live, I saw a campaign commercial for Wisconsin gubernatorial write-in candidate Hariprasad Trivedi.

The ad took me by surprise. I wasn't sure it was real.

Check out Trivedi's website.


Transcript

HARIPRASAD TRIVEDI: Hello, Wisconsinites. I'm Hariprasad Trivedi and I'm running as a write-in candidate for the governor of Wisconsin. And I approve this message.



I'm disillusioned by the current [prominent authorities?]. Please visit my website where you will see ideas I hope you find refreshing.

Please think outside the box. And if you like what you see, I will be honored if you write in Hariprasad Trivedi for governor. I am sure you will do the right thing at the ballot box.



Kind of strange. No, very strange.

Here's Trivedi's "biography."

Trivedi issued this press release a few days ago:

Brookfield Physician Pledges to Work for $1 Annual Salary until Deficit Eliminated

Brookfield, Wis. (October 29, 2010) – Brookfield Physician Dr. Hariprasad 'Hari' Trivedi is running a focused and exciting write-in campaign for Wisconsin Governor in the November 2 general election.

Seeing the current field and situation, Trividi felt compelled to run on the principle of cutting the state deficit and lack of confidence in the major party candidates. “First, I pledge to work for a $1 annual salary until the state’s deficit is eliminated,” Trivedi said. “One candidate has taken the state’s largest city from being the 11th poorest to the 4th and the other is running the state’s largest county which is nearly bankrupt. It is impossible to do worse.”

Hari Trivedi’s agenda for state government is based on five basic strategies:

1. In order to rejuvenate the state’s economy, it is essential to get an influx of capital into the state, or in other words, attract external dollars to Wisconsin.

2. Institute a culture of dynamic and proactive fiscal management as state and local governments are suffering because they have been asleep at the wheel as the financial crisis has evolved around them resulting in layoffs, furloughs and cut backs of services.

3. Greatly enhance Wisconsin’s agricultural productivity. Though located in the prime growing region of the Midwest, Wisconsin has failed to take advantage of this growing opportunity due to lack of vision and leadership.

4. Flaunt the beauty of Northern Wisconsin and promote tourism in all areas of the state with vigor as the government has failed to aggressively develop and advance tourism.

5. Engage people on an ongoing basis and not just before elections. For every important issue, I would talk to the people and seek their opinion. Current technology allows cheap and easy communication, such as garnering public opinion on a particular important or controversial issue via Internet-based surveys.

Trivedi has received extremely positive responses to his write-in campaign for Wisconsin Governor and is not accepting campaign contributions. More information on Hari Trivedi for Governor is available at www.trivgov.com.

2 comments:

jurekrl said...

Why is this strange? The guy doesn't like his choices for Governor so he wants to take a stab at it. Good for him. That's what the USofA is supposed to be all about. Kudos to you Hariprasad.

Mary said...

I agree. Good for him. This is democracy.

What I found strange was seeing this commercial at the 11th hour of the campaign. I wondered how much it cost to air. I didn't receive any campaign literature from him.

Obviously, he doesn't stand a chance. I never heard of him and I'm sure I'm not alone. But if he wants to run for governor and buy commercial time, more power to him.