Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Jimmy Fallon: Burger Summit, Mitt Romney (Video)

UPDATE, Friday, July 27, 2012: Late Night with Jimmy Fallon aired very late, delayed because of the opening ceremony of the London Olympics. But, it was no doubt a big ratings night for NBC. In addition to the usual mocking of Mitt Romney in Fallon's monologue, he also did his weekly "Burger Summit 2012" bit.

Very annoying.

________________

Once again, Jimmy Fallon "invited" Mitt Romney to be a guest on his show, Late Night.

Fallon is referring to the proposed meeting as "Burger Summit 2012."



JIMMY FALLON: At the beginning of the summer, I was in Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire, for the Fourth of July. It's a beautiful place, lovely people over there.

And I found out, this is a true story, I was vacationing a few doors down from Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney. So I do what any neighborly American would do. I invite him over for a burger. I went on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook. I took a picture with me holding a beer underneath the American flag. I said, 'Dude, you're gonna jet ski by here pretty soon,' with the 'Miiitt-rommmmmm-neyyy.' [Making an engine sound], jet ski by. 'Let's have a burger. I'll get a fresh burg for you.'

Anyways, no word back. That's all right. He's on vacation. So I invited him again on the show. I gave him the whole invite. Again, still nothing.

Now, Mitt, I'm assuming the reason why you're not getting back to us is you're confused about what we might put on this burger. It's anything you want. You want some kind of fancy cheese? Done! You want your burger rare? Done! You want it well done? Well, done! I'll get the best 85 percent lean sirloin, put it on a freshly baked bun. I'll have fixins.

Look, until I hear back, I'm just gonna assume you want to do this. I mean, vacation is over. It's time to get back to work. So some time before the election, come on my show and share a burger with me. Share a burger with America.

This isn't funny.

The bit comes off like Fallon is taunting Mitt Romney. It's disrespectful.

Would he invite "Barack" on the show for a burger?

We know Obama, "Preezy of the United Steezy," used Fallon's show as a forum for his campaign, staging a rally at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

It was a campaign commercial, brought to you by NBC.

Does Fallon think Romney owes him an appearance?

I don't like the tone at all.

Fallon has said he doesn't want to alienate or offend anyone. He wants the show to be fun. I guess he's changed course.

The other day I said to my husband, "Remember when we used to like watching Jimmy's show?"

_________________

Here's video:
Jimmy Invites Mitt Romney Again (7/17/12)

Jimmy continues to campaign for Mitt Romney to join him on Late Night for Burger Summit 2012.

No comments: