Friday, November 9, 2012

Dennis Miller: 'Mr. Romney, I'm Proud of You' (Video)

Speaking the day after the election, Dennis Miller articulated what I've been feeling about the election, Mitt Romney, and the future of America under Obama:

I want to say that I've met Romney. Folks, I know a lot of you have been convinced out there that this guy's the problem with America. He's not. He's a very good man. He cares greatly for this country. I've actually talked to him in the last, well, emailed him in the last day. He's a great patriot. I know that that side's gonna paint him as the trouble with America. If he's the trouble with America, folks, this country does have a lot, a lot of problems.

...

This man has been run through the wringer over the last year. Joe Biden has said he wants to put people back in chains. That's not the case, and I want to say, 'Mr. Romney, I'm proud of you. I think you're a good man. I don't care what the other side says about you being the problem with America.'

...

Yesterday, some people think this was the best day America's ever had, its proudest moment. I don't agree. I'm sorry, and I know that's gonna make me demonized. I know that I'm gonna be the object of revenge now, but I'm not gonna back off it.

I like a country where people bust their tuckus, and I think this country's gone a long way towards becoming more of a European model. And I would say, once again, read the book, Amity Shlaes' book, The Forgotten Man. If you are out there now making $45,000 a year, busting your hump, being away from your family because it's in your hard drive to do the 'right thing'-- the 'right thing' changed in this country yesterday.
Agreed.

This is what America in decline looks like.

That's nothing to celebrate.

Here's video:




No comments: