Monday, October 21, 2013

Packers Throwback to First Place NFC North

I didn't know the Packers were wearing their throwback uniforms until hours after the game ended.

In October, I will listen to NFL games on radio, but I do not watch. It's a pink thing.

I'm sorry I missed the Packers in their Acme uniforms this year.




On December 5, 2010, the team wore brown helmets, meant to resemble the look of the leather helmets worn by the Acme Packers. This year, however, they wore their normal yellow gold helmets.

The NFL has ordered teams to use their normal helmets, amid concerns that the alternate helmets won't fit as well -- thus raising the risk of concussions.

The Packers' throwback uniform consists of a dark blue jersey with a gold circle on the chest with the number -- plus tan pants and blue socks. It's what the Packers wore in their 1929 NFL championship season.

The players will stay their regular cheese-gold helmets -- but the "G" decal will be removed, as will the stripe down the middle.


I'm thrilled that the Packers are in first place in the NFC North.

So many people I know were ready to write off the team, just like they did in 2010 when THE PACKERS WENT ON TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL.

It is hard to celebrate the win given the injury to Jermichael Finley.

I'm praying he has a speedy recovery.

_________________

Get your Acme Packers gear here.