Thursday, July 9, 2015

Ariana Grande: 'I Hate Americans, I Hate America'

Ariana Grande is certainly no longer America's sweetheart, if she ever held that position.

She clearly says she hates Americans and hates America.




Nice.

What a foul-mouthed brat!


From E! Online:

Demi Lovato has officially replaced Ariana Grande as the headliner of this year's MLB All-Star Game concert, which will take place in Cincinnati. Grande had to pull out of the event because she had her wisdom teeth removed Monday, according to a statement released by the league, obtained by E! News.
The timing of this is weird.

It seems like there's an effort here by Grande and/or MLB to avoid controversy.


I hope Grande will get the Donald Trump treatment after her terrible comments and behavior.

I hope NBC will formally ban her from appearing on the network.

I assume Macy's will not sell anything related to Grande and her music. I assume she will no longer appear in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade or at Macy's 4th of July concert.

Grande says she hates Americans and America.

That's reason enough for all sponsors to dump her immediately.

Let's be consistent. Let's be fair.


___________________

Surprise, surprise!

Grande apologizes. This is what you call damage control.

From AP, via KOMO:

Ariana Grande says she's sorry for saying "I hate America" in a recent video that leaked of her in a doughnut shop.

In a statement to The Associated Press on Wednesday, the 22-year-old singer says she's a proud American.

"I am EXTREMELY proud to be an American and I've always made it clear that I love my country. What I said in a private moment with my friend, who was buying the doughnuts, was taken out of context and I am sorry for not using more discretion with my choice of words," the statement read.

...Grande said she chose to express herself as she did because she leads a healthy lifestyle and is upset with "how freely we as Americans eat and consume things without giving any thought to the consequences."

"The fact that the United States has one of the highest child obesity rates in the world frustrates me. We need to do more to educate ourselves and our children about the dangers of overeating and the poison that we put into our bodies," she said. "However I should have known better in how I expressed myself; and with my new responsibility to others as a public figure I will strive to be better."

Grande also announced Wednesday that she would not perform at the MLB All-Star Concert on Saturday. She said it had nothing to do with the leaked video.

"As for why I cannot be at the MLB show, I have had emergency oral surgery and due to recovery I cannot attend the show," she said. "That being said let me once again apologize if I have offended anyone with my poor choice of words."
How lame!

Her "I HATE AMERICANS" and "I HATE AMERICA" statements were really about child obesity???

She really was expressing her belief that we need to educate our children about the dangers of overeating???

Yeah, right.

Sorry, that's impossible to swallow.


___________________


UPDATE: Pop singer Ariana Grande issues video apology amid doughnut controversy
“Here I am apologizing to you all … because seeing a video of yourself behaving poorly, that you have no idea was taken, is such a rude awakening, that you don’t know what to do,” she said. “I was so disgusted with myself.”

Grande's issue is with the food industry, but that does not mean she hates America, she said.

“I’ve actually never been prouder to be an American, to be honest with you," she said. "Advances that we’ve made in the past couple of months and all the wonderful progressive things that have been going on, I’ve never been prouder of this country, actually."

Authorities say they do not believe Grande committed a crime. But the Riverside County Department of Environmental Health is investigating the doughnut shop for food tampering related to the pastries being left out on display.

California laws require restaurants to keep food safe from contact by customers.

As for Grande, she said she wants to be good and continue to mature.

“I’m not here to make any excuses or justify my behavior because I can’t,” she said. “I am just here to apologize … I am very sorry.”


No comments: