Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dick Cheney at CPAC (Video)

UPDATE: Chris Matthews comments on Dick Cheney's CPAC appearance. Video.


CHRIS MATTHEWS: Well, who invited the troll to the party?

Good grief.

Matthews has no self-control.

Deranged.

_____________________

Dick Cheney made a surprise visit to the Conservative Political Action Conference. He was introduced by his daughter, Liz Cheney.
LIZ CHENEY: There is one man, in particular, we all know who certainly has taught me what it means to have the courage of your convictions. You know who I'm talking about.

For my whole life, he has taught me to stand up for what I believe in and to fight for what's right. And often, before big speeches like this one, I ask his opinion. I seek his advice.

Well today, instead, I brought him with me.

The crowd goes wild, cheering and applauding and chanting "Cheney."
DICK CHENEY: Thank you. (Jokingly) Knock it off! A welcome like that's almost enough to want to make me run for office again.

The crowd cheers.
CHENEY: But I'm not gonna do it.

Cheney said, "I'm enormously proud of my daughters." Motioning to his daughter, Liz, Cheney continued, "She said I could come with her but I had to be arm candy."

Video.

DICK CHENEY: This organiztion is so important in terms of keeping alive the basic fundamental commitment to those principles that have been just essential in our 200-year history as a nation.

So, as I look to the future now, I think the developments that we've seen over the last several months are enormously encouraging. I think when we can achieve the kind of results that we've achieved in places like Virginia and New Jersey and Massachusetts, the sky's the limit here.

This, of course, is the big quote from Dick Cheney's brief remarks:
DICK CHENEY: I think 2010 is going to be a phenomenal year for the conservative cause. And I think that Barack Obama is a one-term president.

No comments: