Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tommy Thompson: Senate Announcement

UPDATE, April 15, 2010:

SHOCK! THOMPSON WILL NOT RUN!

___________________

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Former Gov. Tommy Thompson is expected to announce on Thursday whether he plans to run against U.S. Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wis.), but a top ally said it was unlikely he would jump in the race.

Bill McCoshen, a longtime Thompson supporter, said in an e-mail to the Journal Sentinel that Thompson had not made a final decision. "It is fair to say a run is unlikely, but we won't know for sure until tomorrow," McCoshen said in the e-mail.

Thompson could not be reached for comment, but he told The Associated Press on Wednesday morning that he had not yet made up his mind. "The only person who knows what I'm going to do is myself and I don't know what I'm going to do," he told AP.

Oh, good grief.

This really pisses me off.

Thompson is STILL saying that he doesn't know what he's going to do?

If that's true, he's not fit to run, much less serve.

Thompson knows he's going to make an announcement tomorrow but he doesn't know what it will be yet. Yeah, right.

All these games are seriously tarnishing Thompson's legacy in my eyes. Very unfortunate. He is so Brett Favre-ish. (That's not a compliment.)

I understand the agony of uncertainty, the pressure of making a choice, and the difficulty of arriving at a life-altering decision, but this is ridiculous.

"The only person who knows what I'm going to do is myself and I don't know what I'm going to do."

BS.

The game of politics is really screwed up. Those holding elected office should be SERVING the public, not themselves.

Did I mention that I'm pissed?

Oh, and one more thing...

Congratulations, Russ Feingold. Six more years.

No comments: