Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tommy Thompson Won't Run

Can Tommy Thompson's announcement today that he will not run against Russ Feingold for the U.S. Senate even qualify as news?

What everybody already knows isn't news.

Tommy Thompson said this yesterday to the Associated Press:

"The only person who knows what I'm going to do is myself and I don't know what I'm going to do."

Twenty-four hours later, Thompson supposedly arrived at a decision.

Sure.


From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
Former Gov. Tommy G. Thompson said Thursday that he would not challenge U.S. Sen. Russ Feingold.

"My family did not want me to run," Thompson told the Journal Sentinel moments before he was to speak at a tea party rally on the steps of the state Capitol. Several hundred people gathered on the Capitol's steps in anticipation of a tea party rally.

Though the rally was is intended to be a gathering of citizens unhappy about the federal government's role, the big newsmaker is Thompson.

Top advisers signaled earlier that Thompson is unlikely to run. But in the same breath, those same advisers say Thompson could change his mind.

No comments: