Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Neumann Endorses Walker

Just before Mark Neumann took the stage to make his concession speech, his campaign issued this press release:

For Immediate Release

Wednesday, September 14, 2010

WAUKESHA, Wis. - September 14, 2010 - Tonight I am keeping my word and endorsing Scott Walker.

I am sending Scott a copy of my book and hope he will use it as he sees fit.

I wish him the best in the general election.

Short but not too sweet.

I realize what a tough loss this had to be for Mark Neumann.

I think it would have been more classy if Neumann had enthusiastically and vocally thrown his support to Scott Walker in his concession speech. That didn't happen. He didn't even mention Walker's name.

MARK NEUMANN: We have issued a press release this evening fulfilling my promise and my commitment as it relates to the general election. That is, I believe, already out. So that will be out to the press momentarily if it's not already there.

That's it.

The "we've issued a press release" was cheesy. Neumann wasn't as gracious as he should have been in defeat.

If he truly cared about the state and the future of Wisconsin and conservative principles, Neumann would have stressed to his supporters how important it is that they back Scott Walker.

I hope when the sting of the loss is less intense Neumann will work to take our government back and help elect a conservative governor.

No comments: