Thursday, November 4, 2010

Meghan McCain and Jay Leno, November 3 (Video)

Jay Leno had Meghan McCain, John McCain's daughter, on the Tonight Show to discuss the midterm elections.

Both Leno and McCain enjoyed mocking Christine O'Donnell, Sharron Angle, Sarah Palin, and the Tea Party.

There wasn't much discussion of the country's dramatic swing to the Right and how the Democrats really got trounced. No talk of Russ Feingold, John McCain's buddy, getting booted out of the Senate by the people of Wisconsin.

Here's video:

Meghan McCain, Part 1: "Meghan McCain talks about new House Majority, the Tea Party and Christine O'Donnell losing."




Transcript

JAY LENO: Like, see, the Sharron Angle thing - I don't live in Nevada, but everything I saw was just negative. All these people ran these campaigns showing, you know, showing illegal aliens with tattoos sneaking in, and nobody had any solution for anything. It all just seemed to be negative stuff. And as someone, to me, I just, I was turned, I don't know Sharron Angle, never met the woman, but I never saw what are you gonna do. Don't tell me how bad the other person is. Tell what you're gonna do. And I think that's why a lot of these candidates lost.

MEGHAN McCAIN: I agree. I think the Tea Party movement is a very, is a huge force to be reckoned with and no one can deny that. However, now that we have these candidates that are gonna be in office, Rand Paul being one, I am curious to see how they're gonna govern, and if it's not just gonna be 'we hate Obama,' pro-Constitution, anti-spending. I completely agree with that. However, we need to start working together. And the partisanship is what's killing this country in every single way.

The past two years, Obama and the Democrats have been governing in a totally partisan manner.

Why is it that the Tea Party is being called on partisanship when Obama and Pelosi and Reid are as partisan as can be?

Furthermore, many more Democrats across the country lost on Tuesday than Republicans. Leno doesn't bring up why they didn't win their races. He doesn't point out their negative ads. He's incredibly one-sided.

LENO: Yeah. Are you glad that the nuttier, far-Right people did not get elected even though they're Republicans? Like Christine O'Donnell.

McCAIN: I was never a fan of Christine O'Donnell because I think again it belittles all the great people that run for office. Um, and, you know, she's out of her fricking mind, so I'm glad she's not in the Senate, you know?

LENO: She will actually have to get a job now.

McCAIN: I know. She's actually gonna have to work. And you know, it's, I don't know how you have a job...

LENO: Maybe something in the fast food industry?

McCAIN: Yeah, or maybe continue your anti-masturbation platform. That was sure popular, little lady.

LENO: You thought the war on drugs was unwinnable. Oh, my God!

McCAIN: I know.

This is really offensive. "Nuttier"? "Far-Right"?

What about the far-Left loons? Good grief, California just elected Jerry Brown to be governor. JERRY BROWN!

This constant bashing of Christine O'Donnell is completely uncalled for.

At know point in her campaign did she declare herself to be running on an anti-masturbation platform.

That's a talking point of the Leftists bent on discrediting her.

What's wrong with working in the fast food industry? Why would Leno belittle the thousands and thousands of people who work in those jobs? He owes them an apology.

LENO: Now, how about Karl Rove, and there's a bit of a backlash there. Why, I mean, he said some things about Christine O'Donnell that he had to backtrack on, which I don't quite understand.

McCAIN: Yeah, he's also said sort of negative things about the Tea Party, saying it's not a sophisticated movement yet. There's no real leader. I agree with these things. The day that you thought that Karl Rove and I would be agreeing on something, I thought that would be a cold day in hell but we do agree on that. But there's been a total backlash and he's actually rescinded his comments, but...

LENO: Now, he went after Sarah Palin. He said Sarah Palin did not have the gravitas to be president.

McCAIN: Yeah, um, I think she's a lot more powerful than he's giving her credit for. Um, but, I guess he would know better than I would.

LENO: I mean, is she a king-maker? I mean, can she anoint? I think her percentage was pretty good of the people she backed.

McCAIN: It was like half and half. I mean, I think we'll know whatever happens in Alaska. Um, I don't know if she's a king-maker. I still think it's all to a point. I think the reality show is really gonna be a make or break. I also think it's just unpresidential to do a reality show. But America, agree or disagree with me. I have no idea.

McCain's comments about Christine O'Donnell were really cruel, and completely in line with the liberals' take on her. O'Donnell may not have been the strongest candidate but she's not "out of her fricking mind."

That's a ditzy remark.

Leno, of course, was on the same page.

Here's more video:

Meghan McCain, Part 2: "Meghan McCain talks about Sarah Palin, gay marriage and marijuana."




Transcript
JAY LENO: I thought this was interesting. Bristol Palin said today she didn't vote. I mean, if you didn't vote, don't tell people that.

MEGHAN McCAIN: Yeah, I mean, if you didn't vote in my family that was like bad news. I've been voting since I turned eighteen. I guess it's only important to Bristol Palin to vote for Dancing with the Stars. I don't know. I think a lot of women worked really hard to give us the right to vote and I think it's, anyone that doesn't vote, it's just ridiculous.

LENO: I agree. Now, I think Sarah Palin called them... what did she call them? 'corrupt bastards.'

McCAIN: Yeah.

LENO: She called the media 'corrupt bastards.' But isn't she sort of part of the media now or no?

McCAIN: Yeah, she's a FOX correspondent which is, you know, part of the media. So, I guess, I don't know if she's calling herself a corrupt bastard. I think it's a strange comment. I have no idea. I think that there's a symbiotic relationship between politicians and the media, and both just can't reject each other.

LENO: Do you think she will run in 2012?

McCAIN: Oh, yeah. Hell, yeah.

LENO: You think she will?

McCAIN: Oh, yeah. She's getting that ready right now. Of course. Yeah. Oh, yeah.

LENO: See, I don't know. I think to me, you can sorta, she seems to like to make money, so she can give speeches. once you saying you're running, you can't make that $100,000 talking to his group.

McCAIN: One thing I know about it is it's an addiction. Running for president is an addiction, and that's not going away. That girl is running for president.

"That girl"? McCain isn't exactly showing respect for women.

The interview continues. Leno continues to get in his shots. Leno calls McCain an "unusual Republican." He says there's really no place for her in her party anymore, and McCain agrees.

I'd like Leno to discuss the extinction of the moderate Democrat.

Leno has really taken a cruel turn when it comes to harassing conservatives and their children.

He won't shut up about Christine O'Donnell and masturbation.

And why bother with Bristol Palin at all?

Leno makes it sound like Bristol put out a press release to declare that she didn't vote.

She was asked about voting in an interview and she told the truth.

Bristol Palin apparently isn't swept up in the Tea Party frenzy along with mom Sarah Palin. She didn't vote. But who can blame her? Week after week, she's been her own Tea Party -- the improbable, unqualified, ostensibly unelectable wild card who keeps defying all odds by making the "Dancing with the Stars" cut.

On Wednesday, Palin -- daughter of the one-time GOP vice presidential nominee and erstwhile governor of Alaska -- admitted to Inside Edition, "I did not send in my absentee ballots to Alaska."

"I'm going to be in trouble," added Palin in an interview set to air Wednesday. "Sorry, mom!"

And mom may indeed be a bit steamed since Tea Partier Joe Miller, who she endorsed, looks to have been shut out of a Senate race by write-in candidate Sen. Lisa Murkowski.

Asked if she'd support her mom for a 2012 presidential bid, Palin replied "I know she is great, and she is great for our country."

Both Meghan McCain and Leno have a mean streak that's very unbecoming.

3 comments:

Harvey Finkelstein said...

Meghan is vacuous. She needs to just go away into the wannabe-has-been ether.

DW said...

Meghan McCain talking about O'Donnell having to get a job now...
and what does Meghan McCain do exactly?

I wonder if these appearances embarrass her father.

Mary said...

I doubt McCain is embarrassed by his daughter. Although he doesn't trash Palin publicly, I get the sense that Meghan echoes his personal sentiments.

The McCain wing of the GOP slimed O'Donnell along with the Dems. I'm sure he agrees with his daughter's remarks.